I think it's the Alternator?

i have the same damn problem lmk when you get it fixed tomorrow or if you do ... my shit is parked hard right now.. if i get a good batt in it will start no problem but wont stay on due to the alt not charging i think something with my car wiring is fucking my alts up

Alright Guys, ITS FIXED!!!!

So today I jacked up the car to pull out the starter to have it tested at Advanced, when I noticed right on the solenoid was a wire that had come unplugged. Plugged it back in and the car came right on.

So my theory...
when I had touched the alternator with the tool I had caused a few very important fuses to blow. Then thinking it was the alternator I pulled it out and accidentally unplugged that wire to the solenoid when messing with the alternator plugs.

Things I've learned...
Dont be lazy about unplugging the battery,
How to change belts, change pulleys, change alternators and about the FL75 Fuse
Plus researched starters and learned about those
JDM of MIAMI is the Best
I hate electrical troubleshooting

For those needing help on figuring out your issue here's a good link for troubleshooting...
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=249966

Thanks again for all the advice on this thread!

Did you mess with your clutch pedal at all? If so, check the switch on the clutch pedal. Check the connections to your starter, if possible test that by jumping it, or tap on it with something while someone trys to crank the car over.

I suck when it comes to troubleshooting ignition and electronics man...
.but just keep going with the process of elimination. Google search how to jump a starter, or test a starter im not sure how to do it...that should narrow down whats going on.

IMO, if the car runs fine when you push it now....you have fixed 90% of your problem...the rest of your problem lies in your ignition...starter, clutch switch...etc. Have fun.

i just want to say, EXCELLENT process of elimination.... and you don't suck, that's the way you do things...

OP that wire that came off your starter solenoid is your starter signal wire from your ignition... it's a simple spade connector.. mine fell off all the time, so what i did was main line it from the lower harness, just get a new high quality female end, and run the wire straight off the lowere harness, and eliminate that second coupler about 6-8 from the solenoid...

you can test if the altinator is bad.
how?
turn on the car with a battery once the car is running take off the power and ground from the battery while the car is still on.. if it shuts down the car then your altinator is bad, if the car stays on then the altinator is good, if that dont work, try changing the battery clamps to more heavy dutty ones and and get a new battery. the battery is used only for starting the motor after that the battery is just a piggy storage for the alternator. good luck.

OOOH PIK ME LEMME TRY!! when alternator is tested checking for good diodes. i think the arc fried the voltage regulator within the alt. over frying the battery or underpowering it. sorry for ur loss...

Guys I fixed this issue back in August Here's my post about it, I mean you can keep talking about it if you want...

Alright Guys, ITS FIXED!!!!

So today I jacked up the car to pull out the starter to have it tested at Advanced, when I noticed right on the solenoid was a wire that had come unplugged. Plugged it back in and the car came right on.

So my theory...
when I had touched the alternator with the tool I had caused a few very important fuses to blow. Then thinking it was the alternator I pulled it out and accidentally unplugged that wire to the solenoid when messing with the alternator plugs.

Things I've learned...
Dont be lazy about unplugging the battery,
How to change belts, change pulleys, change alternators and about the FL75 Fuse
Plus researched starters and learned about those
JDM of MIAMI is the Best
I hate electrical troubleshooting

For those needing help on figuring out your issue here's a good link for troubleshooting...
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=249966

Thanks again for all the advice on this thread!

Back
Top Bottom