i might start building ka's

auroras13

please any feedback would be very help full. I was just wondering if ther would be a market for ka's i was planning on rebuilding ka motors mostly twin cams but for my prototype im going to use a single cam because i have a sensless attatchment to is lol and drop it in my car and dyno it so i can have some facts as to the power that you wil get out of the rebuild. Basically wut im going to put in the motor will be stock parts unless disscussed otherwise with the client it will contain a complete gasket set, set of pistons and rings, main bearings, rod bearings, thrust washers, timing belt, balance shaft bearings (if applicable), and a set of expansion plugs (it will not get a new camshaft, timing kit or oil pump unless you would want it ). Pistons & Rings: Std., .020, .040. Bearings: Std., 10, 20, 30. and depending on wut you want the motor for you can shave it if you going na or just port polish and a thiker head gasket if you wanna go turbo.

i just wanted to know if its worth it for me to do it or not. Also as a side note for those of you that are wondering if i have expirience building motors ive been doing it for about 1 year ive built 4 porshe motors 2 buggy motors 2 vw scca racing golfs 2 scca racing mazda miatas 1 scca racing civic si and worked on various other cars. please any feedback would be very help full

Last edited:
Well if you want a good price estimate, just go to google or somthing and search up KA Rebuild kit, there usually in the 1200 dollar ball park. I thought about it and still am.

you are right bout that but it really depends on the person the kits that go for 1200 are the high performance kits witch would probably be good for high boost there are other ones tho witch run between $400 and $500 wich would make the engine more affordable to everyone and is bustable if you know wut your doing and my hole goal is to keep it under the price of a sr

ive allready done the math its conna run me about $1000 including parts and labor and that is for the stock set up and just head work done to it. the stock set up that i have allready planned can take boost between 10 to 12 pounds safely or you can just go na witch is a really good price you get a motor with basically 0 miles on it and custom made for you and wut every you want to use it for

Last edited:
Lol well if I still decide to go KA-T ill be sure to talk to you. Because I want my KA rebuilt prior to doing it. Any discounts for SFLD members? lol

i dont know man we can allways work somthing out

another thing i need to know is would any of you guys really throw down about 1000 on a high compretion engin wich i think would be good if you are in to drifting or is the demand higher for low compretion turbo ready motors

Back
Top Bottom