I am skateboards

Mr. Steef

^Chris Kastner^
Driver
http://www.iamskateboards.com/

So two of my long time friends opened their own skateboard company if you skate check them out. I picked my self up one today. Their available at Island water sports and shred shed skate shops or you can order straight from the site. If your local shop doesn't carry them tell them to stock them and they will be able to get them. A dollar of the profits get donated to charities. Support your florida skateboard company CHECK THEM OUT! :bigthumbu

Last edited:
Skateboarding is for posers and poons..

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Their selection is amazing.
3 decks. All $50 each. All only made 50 of them.
If I wanted a cheap deck I'd go to Walmart.

If they are your friends give them some advice. Carry a full line. Explain who made the decks. It seems they bought blanks and put their logo on. Get some design.

And most importantly explain how the deck was made and how many layers and what material.
That's what a new line needs.

No one likes a board splitting and fucking up their ankle or shin.

Their selection is amazing.
3 decks. All $50 each. All only made 50 of them.
If I wanted a cheap deck I'd go to Walmart.

If they are your friends give them some advice. Carry a full line. Explain who made the decks. It seems they bought blanks and put their logo on. Get some design.

And most importantly explain how the deck was made and how many layers and what material.
That's what a new line needs.

No one likes a board splitting and fucking up their ankle or shin.

More and more everyday I like you less! Go get a walmart skateboard then! If major boardshops are carrying these dudes products, then obviously the deck quality is a decent maple! Ease up bro, you think every other skateboard manufacture started out with more then a few designs right off the rip? Doubt it!

Lol if you took the time to go look at their online store it tells you what they are made of. They just started out give it time. Also if you think a walmart board it comparable to a real board then your an idiot and you dont skate obviously. Go ahead and buy a walmart board and see for yourself, shit doesn't even real grip tape

I'm not trying to be a dick but I own a skate shop and I wouldnt even think about carrying these boards.
They may be great but for the price I wouldn't be able to get anyone to buy a board they never heard of. And keep in mind just cuz some major shops carry their product doesn't automatically make it a quality board I carry a few start up companies cuz they are either friends that I'm helping out or they are putting their products in my store on consignment and I only have to pay for them if they actually sell (which I'm guessing one of those two reasons is why those shops carry the boards)

But they def need more info about where the decks are from if they are making them or just private labeling blacks

you guys all need to chill the fuck out, seem like every day people just want to think happy thoughts, and dont want to hear any criticism. Jesus christ.:chair::chair::chair::chair::chair:

Ok and $40 is still really high I sell my shop decks at 25 including grip, blacks at $16 including grip and real brands at 40-60. And my shop blanks are exactly what these are private labeled with my logo on a color background. Now there is a fine line between to cheap and too expensive if they want to be a real company.
Don't take anything I say as anything other than trying to help your friends out

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

You have to remember until you get a name for your boards you jut want people riding them so make them cheap then when people are actually looking for them you start raising prices. Also there is not a 100% mark up in skate hardgoods so they shouldn't be doubling their prices on what they get the baords for

I don't set the prices or anything in just trying to get the word out there for some good friends of mine. They don't seem to be having any trouble selling them so I guess they're doing pretty good they've also been holding online contests and giving away free boards they also held a comp

More and more everyday I like you less! Go get a walmart skateboard then! If major boardshops are carrying these dudes products, then obviously the deck quality is a decent maple! Ease up bro, you think every other skateboard manufacture started out with more then a few designs right off the rip? Doubt it!

I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe when we meet you'll change your judgement about me.

This was a thread to check out a new product line. So I checked it out (knowing a thing or two about skating) and that's the review I gave.

It's not bashing or talking shit like most ppl do on forums. Everything i said was to help them out.

BTW I used to skate REAL boards

I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe when we meet you'll change your judgement about me.

This was a thread to check out a new product line. So I checked it out (knowing a thing or two about skating) and that's the review I gave.

It's not bashing or talking shit like most ppl do on forums. Everything i said was to help them out.

BTW I used to skate REAL boards

I just want to say that I am sorry for speaking to you that way. I had a pretty crappy morning (which has nothing to do with anyone on this forum) and when I read your comment for some reason it bothered me. Im not a dickhead and would rather not come off like one. It wasent necessary for my comment and for that I apologize. Im sure you are a decent dude in person as I would like to think people say the same about myself. So I retract my previous statement.

Carry on....

If you don't like, then don't buy. The designs last about a few weeks anyway if you really skate. Go skate have fun. Support your local skate shop.

Friendly advice: No one I know would pay $50 for those decks, when you could get brand name, proven decks for cheaper, or, get 5 quality blanks for the same price.

Back
Top Bottom