how to change a waterpump on a 95 240sx

Remove the Fan shroud and Clutch fan.
Remove all the belts.
Remove the Radiator for more space to work.
Remove the bolts that hold in the water pump.
Clean the gasket mounting surface.
Apply RTV of your choice.
Torque water pump bolts to spec.
Reinstall Belts, Radiator, Fan and Shroud
Fill with Coolant/Water Mix of your choice.
Start and Drive

Remember to let the RTV time to cure.

----------OR-------

Pay a shop.

seriously when is it ever a water pump. unless its rusted and water is coming out i wouldn't say you will need a water pump anytime soon

you can take off your thermostat and see if it still overheats......and if it does then your water pump is bad.

Hectorious said:
are u sure it's your water pump..........just cuz it's over heating doesn't mean it's your waterpump....

most water pumps (and for sure a ka water pump) have little weep holes on the side of the housing (I belive that its on the drivers side, towards the bottom and close to where the pulley sits) to check if the water pump is operating normally. If you see any coolant coming out of it (it looks like a ball bearing in the housing), replace it! Thats why one of my ka's was overheating before.

otherwise, removal and installation is the same as z4k said.

refill coolant system with bleeder screw open.......... let it warm up, idle for a little bit, then close bleeder screw........ let it cool down, refill coolant.

where the hose meets the motor on the top side. there are 3 bolts that hold it on. its behind that elbow.

snowman33 said:
where is the thermostat located in the engine?

It is at the engine-end of the water hose that returns the fluid from the engine to the bottom of the radiator.

Back
Top Bottom