how do i know if i am running to much boost????

Well first of all its my first turbo car...but i dont know if i am running to much boost...its a sr20det red top with a walbro 255, greddy knock off intake manifold,tublar exhaust manifold,a t28,and a fmu(fuel mangement unit)with a 12/1 spring,and a 31x12x3 fmic........its at 15 psi it runs hard..but i am scared to blow her up.....i have never heard it ping,or break up or any fuel cuts...so how do i know if it is safe @ that boost????

If i were you I'll boost that shit...OPEN BOOST BABY live on the edge..lol but be familiar with the term granade motor...lol Kaboooomm

like this kaboom?

Kaboom.jpg

a wideband is ur best best friend. tells u if u running to lean or to rich at 15psi. u want to be under 13 or 12 on high boost on the wideband
mine stays around 11's at 30psi

isn't good to have alot of fuel pressure? that was what i was told.....

It's AWESOME to have alot of fuel pressure!! Also! Don't run a return to tank line from the fuel rail, run that line to a "T" and have it squirt on the back two tires and you'll fucking drift easy and have badass Back to the Future flamey tires.

u should int have any problems at 15psi but just in case u should get a wideband, i forgot who it was but they told me they run open wastegate with a t25 at events n it seemed to hold up

Back
Top Bottom