Homestead FARA demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
REAL TALK: WHAT DRIFTING IN FLORIDA NEEDS IS SOME SERIOUS THIRD GEAR CLUTCH KICKING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND IF YOU GUYS WANT FRESH SARUSSI SAMMICH YOU BETTER SHOW UP ON TIME AND PROFESSIONAL

If I had a choice on picking you Erik or the 17 year old kid with Vaughn Gittin's Mustang which person would you want me to choose to run a "silly" demo at homestead??

If I showed up in a car with no cage, in flip flops and a T-Shirt vs that guy. Who would you pick?

If the D1 truck showed up 20 minutes before I would want my money back because I AM PAYING TO SEE THE EVENT I'm a spectator I payed to see an event if the guys are not there to provide entertainment for me I leave and ask for my money back.

I Didn't get a free pass or wasen't forced to watch drifting or road racing

So you're saying you would let them in to drift Homestead, right?

Please be more specific on the terrible organization and the pairing of the drivers... Cause I did that...

Seriously Moe? That mini-competition was so poorly run. First I was up against Bill Fisher. He didn't make the run, so I was told he was disqualified. I did my runs by myself.

Then while I wait for my next match, I get paired with Bill Fisher now that he's there. And it's cool if it's a demo, didn't quite get it as a competition standpoint, but whatever I went out. I advanced.

Then I get paired with Juan. Cool battle, I spin and lose. I was told I was going to go OMT because I went 4 times against Bill Fisher so it'd be the same way with Juan.

Then I get paired with Ryan. So at this point I figured it was just called a loss (like it should've been) and I was battling for 3rd place. Apparently that was just an exhibition, because on the final scores, Ryan actually battled Raffi for 3rd.

So very confusing competition from my standpoint. I also have the whole hour recorded on my in car camera, and there's a solid 10 minute break where for whatever reason we just weren't running.

The judging guys also complained a lot about trouble communicating with the line... such as wrong pairings, etc.

But those are just details, as we're there for a crowd and it seems like the crowd was excited to see the cars going out in tandem.

blame the wait on Finklewhine. his intercooler and/or injector o-ring was leaking more than his exhaust manifold.

Last edited:
If I showed up in a car with no cage, in flip flops and a T-Shirt vs that guy. Who would you pick?

Please Erik do not insult my intelegence... The kid with the Vaughn Gittin's car is going to show up with flip flops and a t-shit.. Man I feel like I'm being insulted

So you're saying you would let them in to drift Homestead, right?

You're kidding right??????

Seriously Moe? That mini-competition was so poorly run. First I was up against Bill Fisher. He didn't make the run, so I was told he was disqualified. I did my runs by myself.

Then while I wait for my next match, I get paired with Bill Fisher now that he's there. And it's cool if it's a demo, didn't quite get it as a competition standpoint, but whatever I went out. I advanced.

Then I get paired with Juan. Cool battle, I spin and lose. I was told I was going to go OMT because I went 4 times against Bill Fisher so it'd be the same way with Juan.

Then I get paired with Ryan. So at this point I figured it was just called a loss (like it should've been) and I was battling for 3rd place. Apparently that was just an exhibition, because on the final scores, Ryan actually battled Raffi for 3rd.

So very confusing competition from my standpoint. I also have the whole hour recorded on my in car camera, and there's a solid 10 minute break where for whatever reason we just weren't running.

The judging guys also complained a lot about trouble communicating with the line... such as wrong pairings, etc.

But those are just details, as we're there for a crowd and it seems like the crowd was excited to see the cars going out in tandem.

Like I said after the event.. It was the first time and I wanted to try it out.

YES!!!! I had to many things going on that day for me to have a better way to comunicate with the judges.

Not all of the judges showed up even though I invted them and confirm their attendance ( Just like I called you, I called everyone else). To make sure they will be pressent that day.

I'm sorry for the confussion. It was a FUN comptition not a D1 chamnion ship. There was no qualifying and yes the time frame was small.

Wanted to make it friendly. I choose the drivvers acording to their skill level

I paired you up with Bill since you just back into the scene. Wasen't gonna pair you up with Juan or Estie or Raffi because a "Unfair "match up thread would have been posted after the event.

I feel like you are the only on that has the guts to complain about that event!!!

ANYONE ELSE?????

blame the wait on Finklewhine. his intercooler and/or injector o-ring was leaking more than his exhaust manifold.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fink allready heard it from to many people

Last edited:
Seems like you have it all figured it out then Moe. I will let you carry on with it then and just stick to driving.

well thank god you can keep doing what your doing moe, now that erick has given you permission..

My two cents the whole event was lame not only the drifting the road racing and so forth was basically empty there where more regular cars in the pits then race cars, normally pits are totally packed. And for the 4 drivers trying to fill an hour of straight driving in 100 degree weather. Driving was poor from me forsure but theres many factors for all the drivers as too why the driving wasnt up to par, cars overheated, tires overheated-finished. My subframe was broken in two so the car was super unpredicable. All the drivers drove there ass off ignoring all sensible signs telling them to take a break, and let the car cooldown. Props from me to other drivers. So i say the event failed as a whole from road racing, the dumb dragracing, and drifting. I have been to all the recent demos and never seen one so dead. Moe you did a great job with what you had and all the drifters put there cars (motors) on the line for sure.

can people stop complaining about free track time thats like, in their backyards?

I don't get it really, you all are just dropping down the ladder of unprofessionalism here. Even if the event wasn't amazing or what you expected, you got to drive, for free, on a real track.

one a side note... bill - you need an updated sig, shit is WAY to old.

Wow.
You guys are fucking retards.
You're gonna complain about driving a real road course with elevation change in FL?!

Moe, I will gladly come down there in my v8 car when its done, if there are more of these.

I cant believe lil cry babies complaining that they have to have a cage and wear a suit. to tandem on a legit roadcourse.

you guys fucking amaze me sometimes. Youre gonna complain about getting to do something you love to do for free.

Moe u rules . end of story ...:)

Thank you Alex

Wow.
You guys are fucking retards.
You're gonna complain about driving a real road course with elevation change in FL?!

Moe, I will gladly come down there in my v8 car when its done, if there are more of these.

I cant believe lil cry babies complaining that they have to have a cage and wear a suit. to tandem on a legit roadcourse.

you guys fucking amaze me sometimes. Youre gonna complain about getting to do something you love to do for free.

Thank you Patt

I will be waiting:bigthumbu

My two cents the whole event was lame not only the drifting the road racing and so forth was basically empty there where more regular cars in the pits then race cars, normally pits are totally packed. And for the 4 drivers trying to fill an hour of straight driving in 100 degree weather. Driving was poor from me forsure but theres many factors for all the drivers as too why the driving wasnt up to par, cars overheated, tires overheated-finished. My subframe was broken in two so the car was super unpredicable. All the drivers drove there ass off ignoring all sensible signs telling them to take a break, and let the car cooldown. Props from me to other drivers. So i say the event failed as a whole from road racing, the dumb dragracing, and drifting. I have been to all the recent demos and never seen one so dead. Moe you did a great job with what you had and all the drifters put there cars (motors) on the line for sure.

Thanx Billy.. I hope you fixed that dent ( your gf invesment lol).

And yes Jason is right CHANGE THAT SIG!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
So you are telling me that we should stop doing events at homestead becuase people want to see us crash and drifting FAILS IN FLORIDA!!! RIGHT???

Has Kevin Phillips drifted homestead before???

Have you ever attended a homestead demo??

Have you see the media and people that come up to me and the drivers wanting to find out more about drifting???

Please correct me if I'm wrong Kevin but HOW WRONG ARE WE DOING THIS???

What can Kevin Phillips tells us drifters to do things the right way!!!!!!!

im just saying there are better ways to present drifting and getting the public involved and take interest, than holding demos at the same venue and expecting better results... we can have media out the ass but we need more fans in the general public before anything to take an interest... and if we continue on with same OLD ideas we will get the SAME OLD results....:bigthumbu i love you moe, but demos are great for practice, thats it. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. maybe you should see who i replied to and get an idea of what i mean instead of blowing up on a forum? sounds good!

"What can Kevin Phillips tells us drifters to do things the right way!" NOTHING becuase it wasnt the drifitng i was talking about!!!!

"So you are telling me that we should stop doing events at homestead becuase people want to see us crash and drifting FAILS IN FLORIDA!!! RIGHT???" nope, you are the only to have mentioned that.

You feedback on the event is greatly appriciated
No thank you!!! for your disrespectful badgering. its greatly appreciated

Last edited:
yo moe sorry iv'e been ghost for a few days but i will have the pictures done by monday. so much shit happen sunday that i havent even looked at the pics yet, but if you need anything gimme a call.

and to anybody that didnt show up and was on the list you fail.....and complaining about spending money on a "bolt-in roll" cage, suit, etc. your on a mission you have to understand moe is providing free track time the least you can do is have the car properly set...and to the guy that copied and pasted the FARA site that is in reference to Road Racing....not drifting. and if anyone wants to explain why moe is to strict...PM me or IM me and i would be glad to prove you why hes not....;)

see i should have race my superb S14 race car that you built for me ;) lol... hey moe call me up! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom