holy crap!!!!!!!!! 2j in a miata!!

^^ that sounds just nasty... lol well the 1j in a miata sounds like a plan.. but i wonder how its going to affect the handling of it

Wont bother it if it is a drag car. I just dont see the point of making a car like that handle for its size if you put a much bigger engine into it. I dont stress that you cant make it handle to compensate for a 1j or a 2j but for bigger engines than those I suspect it is meant for one thing.

^^ that sounds just nasty... lol well the 1j in a miata sounds like a plan.. but i wonder how its going to affect the handling of it

its obviously going to handle like shit. the dude who is building the one you posted stated in the beginning that the only intention of that car was to "eat shit" on the streets and race people. he is not worried about handling one bit. a motor like that will drastically change the weight balance of the car and not just ruining the 50/50 distribution but also it puts the weight over the front wheel making the car stupid nose heavy. of you are really set on dropping an inline 6 in that car AND make it handle like it supposed too you have to cut the firewall and push way back.

this is an even older miata with a 2j.

miata-2jz.JPG

and a 1j looks like a better fit over all.

turbo1jz1uk.jpg

oh and the v12 miata you speak off is been done and running for a while using a jaguar v12.

V12_MiataMX5.flv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that v12 jag motor is a huge pile of dog shit. i know cause i work on them. im sure the ls1 will have way more impressive numbers at stock then that shit v12.

interesting though how clean that 1j looks in that engine bay, berry nice

wow yea im sure the traction on that isnt right whatsoever. I been in a 700hp s14 and it had no traction, I can imagine that which is lighter

Back
Top Bottom