hmmmm

real funny guys.
yeah i know body work. worked at Solo Customs for a long time.
I was with him an Vas the other night...spent some time helping Vas replacing the control arm lol

oh your the one from up north that vas was telling me about?

do you have any pictures of your car?

oh your the one from up north that vas was telling me about?

do you have any pictures of your car?

nx6gax.jpg

333ew74.jpg

No problem Vas. even tho i didnt do much lol but im always down to work on cars.

Its paint, i did it in my garage back home. here...
fixing all the dents and what not
10n86ev.jpg

first coat of primer
302ouir.jpg

HOK F20 red
35lrvvq.jpg

mocking up the whole kit
zsnxco.jpg

first coat of black base
wmmmmx.jpg

again
abjixc.jpg

first coat of flake
jinbra.jpg

second
2emzeo6.jpg

third coat
212x2lh.jpg

fourth lol
2ze9g1l.jpg

first time cutting and buffing the clear
2z50m5x.jpg

i have a big build thread with pretty much all the pics on s-chassis under show an shine

damn
did you need a special gun to spray that big of a flake?
and how much did the paint run you?

also thats weird how you put down a black base first

no, all i had was a POS porta cable $90 gun, just used a 1.4mm tip. with the first couple coats i didnt have enought flake mixed (at the time i thought it was a lot) but i played around with it on the 3rd coat and came out better so i did 5 coats total.
I got everything at API (dunno if you guys have any down here) but i had gotten wholesale on everything which came out to be almost $1100.

I did a black base so the difference would be more aggresive and be a bolder red. if i went yellow or orange base, it would have came out to be much lighter and have a hint of that color in it.

but the way i put down the flake is different then what most people would have done. most would have put a black bas, then mixed red into the flake.
I used PPG deltron color blender and reducer which came out to be a clear so its pretty much just a clear coat by itself but I mixed the flake into the color blender so it comes the color pops out more.

in all honesty, i got lazy with the clear and cutting/buffing the clear so theres still a ton of dirt spots that are visible, the finish isnt the greatest and the body kit fits like sh** since i went with an ebay kit but i areally want to track it and i didnt want to spend like a grand and then fuck it up lol since ive never drifted on a track lol

word, sounds like you know whats up... choppin adams paint skills lol

no, all i had was a POS porta cable $90 gun, just used a 1.4mm tip. with the first couple coats i didnt have enought flake mixed (at the time i thought it was a lot) but i played around with it on the 3rd coat and came out better so i did 5 coats total.
I got everything at API (dunno if you guys have any down here) but i had gotten wholesale on everything which came out to be almost $1100.

I did a black base so the difference would be more aggresive and be a bolder red. if i went yellow or orange base, it would have came out to be much lighter and have a hint of that color in it.

but the way i put down the flake is different then what most people would have done. most would have put a black bas, then mixed red into the flake.
I used PPG deltron color blender and reducer which came out to be a clear so its pretty much just a clear coat by itself but I mixed the flake into the color blender so it comes the color pops out more.

in all honesty, i got lazy with the clear and cutting/buffing the clear so theres still a ton of dirt spots that are visible, the finish isnt the greatest and the body kit fits like sh** since i went with an ebay kit but i areally want to track it and i didnt want to spend like a grand and then fuck it up lol since ive never drifted on a track lol

damn thats pretty sick
it sounds like you know what your talking about with painting!
have you painted many cars?

so this was a three stage..
like a base,mid,clear?

i want to do a paint job like this some day but for 1100 fuck that lolol
my paint was free :bigthumbu
and i never wet sanded or buffed it and its pretty glossy.
it would be sick looking if i actually took the time to do it
but im lazy as fuck lol

when is your car going to be down here?
i wanna see it

thanks man, this would be like my 5 whole car, ive painted alot of misc. car parts.
mmm 4 stage if sealer coats? idk it was only one fine coat

hell yeah, ive seen your car on youtube vids an stuff, looks pretty damn sweet
i know what you mean by lazy hahah

and im flying back to ohio this saturday then im coming back sometime soon after june 5th. hopefully i can talk my friends into trailering down cuz i realllyyy dont want to drive 1200 miles in that thing lol

thanks man, this would be like my 5 whole car, ive painted alot of misc. car parts.
mmm 4 stage if sealer coats? idk it was only one fine coat

hell yeah, ive seen your car on youtube vids an stuff, looks pretty damn sweet
i know what you mean by lazy hahah

and im flying back to ohio this saturday then im coming back sometime soon after june 5th. hopefully i can talk my friends into trailering down cuz i realllyyy dont want to drive 1200 miles in that thing lol

what videos have you seen?
lol i didnt know there was any?

and drive it!

i drove mine to nc and back
i put about 2k miles on the car on that trip in one week!

countyline? and vids on tertech? idk i htought it was your car.

lol ive done that drive 3 times and would rather not to it again haha but my friends got a truck and trailer and he would also bring his 1jz mk3 and stay for a little while. i just hate the drive

countyline? and vids on tertech? idk i htought it was your car.

lol ive done that drive 3 times and would rather not to it again haha but my friends got a truck and trailer and he would also bring his 1jz mk3 and stay for a little while. i just hate the drive

true
well you gotta get it down here

we all gotta go out and tandem

ill get it down no matter what, just trying to find the besy way to do that.

haha i dont have much experience but ill give it a go

ive slide it very little. ever since i got my license at 16..ive had them for a total of maybe 7 months and the car sat for 2 years. im still without a license, i have to go bacck to ohio and retake my tests on june 5th lol

Back
Top Bottom