hesitant in drive and bogs at quarter throttle

PlatanoDrifter

Authorized Drifter
Driver
well i jusp picked up a vert 240 for 500 bucks only problem it has is it bogs or misfires allot in drive, barely does it in neutral and at quarter throttle its starting to hesitate unless i mash the gas passed halfway.I'm stumped, it seems the previous owner changed practically everything to find the problem but couldn't find it,does anyone have any ideas???theres no vac leak already checked all hoses and sprayed carb cleaner all over the manifold so see if idles bumps up nothing all spark plug/wired dist cap and rotor has been changed new air filter new fuel filter so lmk what u guys think could it be the maf??? it looks clean on the inside i sprayed it with carb cleaner kinda fixed the problem for like 30 sec but started again shortly after.......no check engine light lit.........p.s sorry for the cluster fuck post :p

The injectors could be clogged like a mofo....do a motor flush, change the oil, put in fuel injector cleaner with 93 octane and it should work....if not, then some troubleshooting begins.

Aerok180 said:
The injectors could be clogged like a mofo....do a motor flush, change the oil, put in fuel injector cleaner with 93 octane and it should work....if not, then some troubleshooting begins.

well the motor oil is also spanking new very clean im gonna get some injector cleaner and see if that works i was thinking the injectors looked pretty clean on the outside maybe they were changed and one or 2 is leaking? i dunno im gonna try this and see what happens :confused: thanks :bigthumbu anymore ideas?

o yea it also had a new fuel filter and swapped it out for a 300zx one too

if the motor runs good in neutral maybe the auto trans has too much fluid? that would bog the motor till u give it more gas and it downshifts.... just thorwing out some ideas

throttle positioning sensor. most likely

coolant temperature sensor, less likely but still possible.

not airflow sensor.

Ka-Tony said:
Check if the Ecu is throwing any codes...

checked no codes

homeskillet305 said:
if the motor runs good in neutral maybe the auto trans has too much fluid? that would bog the motor till u give it more gas and it downshifts.... just thorwing out some ideas

well its starting to do it very little in neutral and now its very hesitant at low rpms when i accelerate :( its pretty much getting worse by the day

240SicknessX said:
throttle positioning sensor. most likely

coolant temperature sensor, less likely but still possible.

not airflow sensor.

i will check the tps to see if its good the scanner was reading it ok but i'll check it anyway

found the problem spark plug #3 had a spall crack at the base and was grounding out changed all of them runs like a charm thanks for all the info

Back
Top Bottom