Help with my 240!

s13mc

Banned
this is my problem, when i got the car my timing chain was rattling, i dont have the knowledge on how to replace it by myself so i took it to a mechanic...after getting it back the car was runnign a lil weird, took it back to him and all he did was play with the distributor, it still not running good but i dont wanna take it back to him cus for all i know he prolly didnt line up gears nd cams right when putting everything back together when he fixed my timing set and now he could be bullshittn me cus my car is still off timing...is there any local shops or anyone around orlando that can help me with this willing to work on my car with me so that i can learn! i dont wanna keep taking my car to other people that i cant trust nd just droppin off my car there,im not asking for a mechanic to fix my car,i wanna start doin my own shit to my car id just need a helping hand to lemme know when im doin sumthing wrong nd help me if i get stuck...thnx to anyone that helps....nd screw u other ppl that will come on here nd post smart comments....

Have u checked the spark plugs, spark plug wires, opened the distributor up checks the contacts for build up. There are lots of reasons for the car to run weird even if your timing is good. If u have never replaced them or don't know how long its been now is a good time. Then if it still runs weird you at least ruled all That other stuff out and u shouldn't need anyone's help for that stuff. At least if u know what ur doing kinda. Lol

lol yessir i got new spark plugs a week before my mechanic did the timing chain nd my wires are good too

What about the inside of your distributor have u seen how it looks? What is actually weird about how it is running you didn't give many details. Your maf could be going bad, u never know. checked your vacuum hoses any leaks. There's tons of stuff man

nah i havent checked my distributor yet...nd like i put it in gear bouta take off on first and it like struggles to move, im goin on first and my rpms go higher but the car doesnt seem to take off right, same on third when i give it gas rpms go higher but the car doesnt move as fast as it should ...and sometimes on low rpms if im cruising the car kinda jerks a lil...kinda hard to explain lol...my maf sensor is kinda sketchy,has electrical tape on it lol...

1. Timing chains on Ka's are always making noise.
2. Could be maf, fuel pump, maybe clogged injectors. If its getting spark, make sure its getting air and fuel....

^Yea thats a possiblility, OP you driving on a worn out shitty clutch?

Start your car in your drive way or wherever and dont drive it leave it in neutral and rev it up past 3k rpms if it wont go past that its probably your maf

my clutch is fine nd nah its not my clutch cus i give it gas after i take my foot off the clutch,i start off normally 1.5 to 2000 rpms to get the car goin nd when i got my foot all the way off i give it gas to get it goin nd it just..doesnt move, like it moves but like its slow...like when u hear a loud ass honda and u think its goin really fast nd u see it nd its barely moving, like that lol...at lights mini vans take off faster than me id be at almost 4000rpms in 1st trying to catch up to the van lol..

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

and its not my maf cus it goes over 3 rpms...doesnt it just leave it to timing being off?

Sounds kinda like what my car was doing. Check fuel pressure and yea make sure your dizzy is generaly in the right area. Your timing could be way off and that plus shitty fuel pressure would make it real slow.

k my car has a switch for my fuel nd supposedbly an aftermarket fuel pump from what the guy told me when i bought it so that can maybe be it...and this is where id need someone with more knowledge than me lol...how do i check the fuel presure? and well widowmaker is gonna help me out with my timing issues...

If it only does this in first and sometimes 3rd it could be ur tranny. But check Your fuel supply and maybe your timing is off but your car would also run rough. It seems your having major loss of power. Just do everything you can and cross each thing off your list. Or just junk it and get a good swap lol

thats where u can mostly feel it on 1st nd 3rd cus theyre the gears where the car is supposed to move fastest...nd i wish lol...id be more than happy with a simple dual cam..how much do those go for btw?...and also is my timing chain supposed to rattle everytime i turn on my car??...when the mechanic first did it, it didnt rattle at all now its been a couple of weeks maybe and its starting to rattle when i turn on the car and then goes away...is dat normal?

If u have a single Cam? A simple dual cam swap shouldn't run u more than 800 if that for everything u need. But that's with u doing the labor. The timing chain noise is it hitting the upper guides which are useless so you could remove them and that would stop the sound. A lot of ka's make that noise

Yeah u can just remove them its not the easiest thing in the world but it doesn't make a difference at all Just takes the noise away. A lot of people take em out

Back
Top Bottom