Help With Control Arm.

240MANSX

SUP GUYS. AIGHT, LOOK, THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I BENT MY REAR LEFT LOWER CONTROL ARM SO I WENT TO THE JUNK YARD AND GOT THE SPINDLE AND THE ARM CUZ I COULDN'T REMOVE THE CONTROL ARM FROM THE SPINDAL. I REMOVED THE BOLT FROM THE BALL JOINT BUT ITS STILL WONT FALL APART. COULD SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME OUT. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO.

THIS IS THE ARM I BENT

untitled-1.jpg

THIS IS THE ARM AND SPINAL

cc918941a93d.jpg

I REMOVED THE BOLT ON THE BALL JOINT BUT IT WONT COME APART :confused:

a6db4b7b29d9.jpg

there is a tool thats fork style u can get at discount witch will make ur life easier u put it in betwwen and wack with a hammer outher than that wack the spindle a couple of good times with a hammer and pry apart

get serious with a hammer, i mean smack the ever living shit out of it.

OR, why not just use the spindle that is attached to the good lower control arm and swap the hub? Take those 4 bolts off of the back knock the hub out of your old stuff then replace the spindle and bent arm on your car.

that fork is called a ball joint remover. you can rent them or purchase them at your local automotive store buy em at sears or something.

you guys are a great help. thnks alot. i dont know what i'll do with out this technical forum. well any more suggestions? knowledge is power!!!!

slide-ways-for-five-days said:
no more suggestions. just slam that shit with the big hammer. smash the piss out of it it will fall apart.

for real..... gonna have to get angry at it.

You can heat up the spindle area with a blow torch and after a good amount of heating use a ball jointer seperator or beat it out with a hammer.( make sure not to burn the ball joint boot ). :bigthumbu

Last edited:
I just rented the tool from Advance Auto (then broke two of the tools in the kit in the process). I gotta think that bashing the side of the steering knuckle with 10lb hammer has to create stress risers in the metal..... that didn't stop me from trying though before i got the tool.

KRM

Back
Top Bottom