help me fix my sound drive.

miami-200sx

*Reinstated drifter*
Driver
so after reformating my pc. with xp sp2 or 3 i dont remember. my sound drive was missing. so i cant listen to anything. i already downloaded direct x and the specific sound drive for the sound card and whenever either of the programs are installing the computer crashes and restarts and never installs the drive.

any ideas? :ugh:

hmmm macs dont have this problem

Depends on the sound card.

OP - you need to figure out which sound card you have and download the drivers. Its easy to figure out, just go to the manufacturer's site and put in your model number or serial number and download the audio drivers.

Depends on the sound card.

OP - you need to figure out which sound card you have and download the drivers. Its easy to figure out, just go to the manufacturer's site and put in your model number or serial number and download the audio drivers.

to the poster above me - he said he already downloaded the driver but it crashes every time he tries to install.

Probably the wrong drivers then. You can also unpack the executable and rather than install a software/driver package, use the device manager to just install drivers.

Probably the wrong drivers then. You can also unpack the executable and rather than install a software/driver package, use the device manager to just install drivers.

QFT, if the installer/setup wizard crashes, find the location of the dll file and run driver update through device manager and direct the search location to the location of the dll file.

what is the make/model of computer?

OEM sound card or add on?

comp manf should have the correct driver.... driver might vary on comp model, and same sound "card" if not built into mb

much better thanks guys. well is a dell. running on windows xp sp3.
i downloaded the microsoft xp sound drive. and the specific model driver.
both keep crashing im going to look into doing it manually.
ill keep you updated.

bdway is a Realtek

Back
Top Bottom