help me choose a car under $4000

miami-200sx

*Reinstated drifter*
Driver
hey guys, im finally getting my license back after 2yrs.
but im over the whole daily driving drift cars. im in the market for a nice reliable car for under 4k

some of my options that ive contemplated are.....

clean s14.
2000-2001 VW jetta 1.8
toyota solara
lexus sc300
hyunday tiburon

_
cars ive seen that DONT WANT. so dont mention.
camrys,maximas,altimas,GMC,Cadillac chevi or any american brand.

help me pick a car. and if you know of any other i might be missing post it.
i want more of a 4 door. but a nice 2door will do.

im leaning towards the jetta but obi juan says they suck =(

my friend that i used to go too when i had a supra spoke real high of the lexus Ls's. " even with high millage thos thing are tanks", check the older year ones.

take the 4k and just go buy a new car or slightly used car and use the 4k for payments or just a big down payment?

by this http://edmunds.autotrader.com/fyc/v...price=&cardist=79&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

and turn it into this

_MG_1167bw.jpg

:bigthumbu

From the list I can only give you advice on the Solara. It's a 2-door Camry, so mechanical parts should be easy to come by. Body parts might be harder to find, but I'm basing that on the lack of Solara's I've seen on my trips to the junkyards. If you're willing to sacrifice fuel economy for some decent power, go with the V6. One of the drawbacks to that is if you ever need to fix something on the engine, depending on the problem, it could be a major pita for you to fix. Like in order for you to replace the valve cover gasket for the rear head, you'll be required to remove the intake plenum, EGR, and the rear wiring harness.

Obviously you know what you get if you go with the 4-cylinder. The biggest problem is that the engine came standard with oil leak issues. But if you keep the oil at a safe level and replace the gaskets causing the biggest leaks, you'll be fine. Just do what many 5S-FE owners have done, keep a spare quart of oil in the trunk. :bigthumbu

Aside from that you shouldn't have any major issue to worry about. Just be sure to inspect the vehicle you're looking at to determine if it's a worthy buy. And if the Solara doesn't float your boat, then consider the SC from your list or a 98 Corolla with the TRD lip kit. ;)

jetta are not only a pos.. bt the parts are mad expensive
lexus parts are expensive aswell. bt baller as fk.
tiburon.. well they came from hyundai

Last edited:
From the list I can only give you advice on the Solara. It's a 2-door Camry, so mechanical parts should be easy to come by. Body parts might be harder to find, but I'm basing that on the lack of Solara's I've seen on my trips to the junkyards. If you're willing to sacrifice fuel economy for some decent power, go with the V6. One of the drawbacks to that is if you ever need to fix something on the engine, depending on the problem, it could be a major pita for you to fix. Like in order for you to replace the valve cover gasket for the rear head, you'll be required to remove the intake plenum, EGR, and the rear wiring harness.

Obviously you know what you get if you go with the 4-cylinder. The biggest problem is that the engine came standard with oil leak issues. But if you keep the oil at a safe level and replace the gaskets causing the biggest leaks, you'll be fine. Just do what many 5S-FE owners have done, keep a spare quart of oil in the trunk. :bigthumbu

Aside from that you shouldn't have any major issue to worry about. Just be sure to inspect the vehicle you're looking at to determine if it's a worthy buy. And if the Solara doesn't float your boat, then consider the SC from your list or a 98 Corolla with the TRD lip kit. ;)

danm bladder... you sound like the dalai lama from cars lol... good advice!

get a Motorcycle... a cruiser... no cop problem, nobody steals them... really easy to fix

Last edited:
damn you people and misspelling hyunday.......
its hyundai folks! with an I geez. lol im not a fanboi of hyundai but when two different people make the same mistake its an eyesore! lol

get something you will own, just in case u act foolishly in the future,,,,cuz i mean cmon you're sergio....something low key that u wont mind getting dirty to pick up parts...an old chevy truck,,,you can rig em, flip em and ditch em, and they will still run....kinda like toyota trucks...but thats muddy waters

Go buy a gas savor. Something that gets like 30-40mpg. Like a toyota tercel. Then all the money you save goes to another car or something else.

Back
Top Bottom