Help!!! Engine Misfiring after Wash

go7roo7

el pollo lento
Spectator
Hey guys i need someone to help me out a bit...

I have a 02 altima 5speed 4cyl.

I washed my motor today (taking the precautions like covering electrical, and intake parts etc) and also changed my oil.

When i finished i turned on my car, and the car just started sputtering, and could hear the miss-fire.

I took out the coils and plugs and cleaned them off, and made sure everything was dry. I turned it back on and it worked out fine, for like 5 min then it started doing the same s@#$@.

IT also threw a cylinder 1 miss-fire code, and this is the 3rd time i clean out the sparkplugs and their holes, and the coils.

Any input will greatly be appreciated!

start your car.rev up to 3k rpm..and hold it for like 10 min..and see what's up...also.. if you want i can tell you how to wash an engine for next time

start your car.rev up to 3k rpm..and hold it for like 10 min..and see what's up...also.. if you want i can tell you how to wash an engine for next time

sure man, I actually heard you can "steam wash" or something, this is the first time i do this and i just did the logical things to avoid crap like this.

all you need is bottle of degreaser , hose for water ,sponge and a WD40 .. mmm also another person to help you.

Yeah just dry up all the sensors n shit pull them n dry them one by one. The coil pack probly got a little wet

Check inside dizzy, Maf, and spray wd40 into the spark plug wells. Same shit happen to me not to long ago. And the little water that there was didn't evap without the wd40. Good luck bro

If you've ran it already and itas fine. If there's a lot of water and it got by your rings u risk hydrolocking it...

yeah..i dont know about his problem now.. cuz looks like he washed it whit the engine off.. cuz i washed my sr's more than 20 times and never had a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom