Heat Wraping

I Have Had Ebay Headers On My Ka For A Few Months Now And I Need To Heat Wrap Them Because Them Release Too Much Heat In My Engine Bay, Causeing My Engine To Over Heat. I Just Wana Make Sure Its Safe To Go Ahead And Wrap Em, Cuz I've Heard That They'll Crak. I Just Wanted To Wrap The Part That Is In The Engine Bay, I Dont Car Too Much About The Part Of The Header That Sits Under The Car. Is The Heat Wrap That They Sell At Advance Good Enough For This? Or Is There Maybe A Spray Or Coating That I Can Spray On The Header That Would Act As A Heat Wrap? Thank You

Your header is not your overheating problem. my friend has an ebay header wrapped on his ka and its been fine, I can't say the same for a turbo car since they create more heat.

Most ss manifolds void warranties after they've been wrapped b/c moisture gets caught in there causing rust/cracking. A cheap ebay header is no exception. As mongooze said, the header will not cause your engine to overheat - possibly melt your brake mc and cause an engine fire though, seen that happen 2x.

Last edited:
i have had A header on my KA for a while, i can assure that the header is not your overheating problem

:ugh:holy shit.....Dude, i gotta question, why do you capitalize every first letter of every word that you type ??
If you just type it normally itll be alot faster

my exhaust manifold is not wraped sthere for it releases alot of heat right next to the block. and it only overheat after i ride it around for a wile. and it takes longer to over heat at night and when i have the hood open. i am almost sure it is this that is causing my overheating.

:ugh:holy shit.....Dude, i gotta question, why do you capitalize every first letter of every word that you type ??
If you just type it normally itll be alot faster

my login info is in all caps so i forget to take off the cap lock.

Last edited:
I can virtualy guarantee that your header is not the problem, all the turbo peoples cars would catch fire if what your saying is true, given that the turbo itself gives off way more heat than a header could.

You have another problem, look else where.

haha you seriously think your header is making your car overheat? Find a new hobby.

it releases alot of heat right next to the block. i am almost sure it is this that is causing my overheating

I wonder if this guy realizes that the heat off of the header is in NO WAY hotter than whats actually goin on INSIDE of the motor... Use common sense

my exhaust manifold is not wraped sthere for it releases alot of heat right next to the block. and it only overheat after i ride it around for a wile. and it takes longer to over heat at night and when i have the hood open. i am almost sure it is this that is causing my overheating.

OK.

If your timing were very off you could get the manifold ridiculously hot (like bright glowing red)...but you still won't overheat your engine. Your overheating problem is something else.

for sure? i was just saying cuz it seems like alot of heat ever for an exhaust manifold. cuz the fire inside the engine plus the extreme heat from the manifold right next to block seemd like it would make it over heat. i know i need a new radiator but i thought this could also be contributing to the over heating. i have efans from a maxima. i grounded them and conected them to the fuel pump. is there a specific wire from the fans that i should use or i can use any of the 3 power wires that i has(w/red, w/blue, w/ something else)?

I'm not an electric fan fan (har har) so I couldn't really really say if what you have is good or whatever. But your mani won't overheat your engine. You should invest in a brake master shield though - engine fires are serious business and when the bmc reservoir gets too hot, it melts. Or make one but the store bought ones are ceramic coated so its kinda worth it IMO. Plus your braking performance is hindered from hot fluid. You could easily reduce underhood temps by putting some washers under your hood bolts too.

im so releaved man. now i just need someone to point me in the derection of someone who knows KADE like the back of his hand cuz i have been trying to fix my timing for the longest and nothing. i just wana send it to someone and pick it up perfectly timed in a few days. i think the top chain it on wrong. i heard people charge are $150- $250 for this job. LMK guys cuz i wana slide an event already and this is what is holding me back. thanks!:bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom