Having major issues with new setup!!!!!

Problem fixed! I did everything mentioned and nothing so i decided to go buy an o2 sensor since it is one of the cheapest places to start. Installed it and bam, fired up like champ, idles clean and revs smooth. I want to thank everyone who helped and im glad theres people that take time out of their day to help a stranger. BOOST TIME!

AntiVtec said:
Problem fixed! I did everything mentioned and nothing so i decided to go buy an o2 sensor since it is one of the cheapest places to start. Installed it and bam, fired up like champ, idles clean and revs smooth. I want to thank everyone who helped and im glad theres people that take time out of their day to help a stranger. BOOST TIME!

o2 sensor !?? ??? wow.

Yeah i know, the only explanation i have is that the ecu wasnt getting the o2 signal and was leaning out the mixture to the point where it wouldnt combust. I dont know if it has to do with the rom tune because usually the lack of an o2 signal causes rich conditions as the ecu plays it safe and adds extra fuel, not lean it out. Whatever it was im glad its over. And thanks for everything.

I had no o2 sensor connected at one point on my ROM tune and it ran rich, but not that rich. Strange, but glad its fixed.

wierd i have a similar problem.. i got my car back from jgautoworks.. and my ecu was bad so i got a new one, and it does the same thing... runs really bad at low rpms and sometimes shuts off at idle.... Does anyone know the safc "in" and "out" setting for Z32 MAF to s14 blacktop???... would an oxygen sensor get messed up from attempting to start and tune an engine???

sorry for stealing ur thread lol

Maybe but my idle wasnt really affected by the o2, so if i where you i would check for a very sneaky vac leak or a leaky injector if you still have the prob with the right S-AFC settings. Good luck.

yea i got the right settings put in and it runs better now.. doesnt drop off at idle... but i think the spark plugs got to much gas on them... the exhaust is kind of poppy.. thanks!

If the cars running properly, the spark plugs would be cleaned pretty quickly. You probably just need a tune.

Back
Top Bottom