has anyone bought a canadian car??????

little pp man

私の車について質問しないでください!
Driver
what are the steps and must have to import a canadian vin'd car. the car is eligible for importation but idk what to do as far as driving it here to miami from Minnesota. how do i get a transport tag? do i need a dealers lic?if all in all ill trailer back

i once bought a coupe from this guy that he brought over from canada, dunno how he did it but shit was different driving it with kph

:) well its easier then i thought the hassel was reading, calling, searching and etc. etc. etc. but patience paid off!

any questions pm me.

first up. you cant lease a car in canada period before anyone asks.

second you must verify your car or car that will be purchased is FMVSS eligible!

heres the non conforming list of cars eligible for importation by the FMVSS!

http://204.68.195.151/cars/rules/import/elig060109.pdf

recently cars imported will not be required a canadian vin!!! (in canada)

which means if the car is eligible by fmvss it must go through inspections either way :(

NOTE:NOW IF the car is from montreal or other english region of canada for ex. and have a canadian "english" vin, its very similar to u.s vin and can still be used in the states!!!!

set an appointment: 954-969-4216 @ 1135 bank rd margate FL

note: some modification to the car might be required ex. cluster, headlamps etc. and yes you will have to pay for it to meet requirements!

once passed you are done!!! provide the paperwork from inspection to DMV where they will provide a serial number (VIN)

once all is finished its as easy as going to the auto tag agency provide bill of sale (still have to pay 7% tax regardless of cost!!!!) your certificate of origin AKA title,
providing new VIN number with your insurer and thats it!!!!!

slap that tag on the back of you legalized n registerd rhd jdm dream whip :)

p.s DOT has not much ruling over FMVSS so if the car is on that list then your already passed but depending again you might have to pay for modifications to meet requirements. i say it agan.

bitchs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom