Hardwiring walbro fuel pump with 40amp relay?

Mr. Steef

^Chris Kastner^
Driver
I hear it's not very safe to run a walbro 255lph pump without a secondary or bigger relay than factory. If anyone has done this can you please help me out or point me in the right direction. I have the relay, wire, and necessary connectors but every where I look is very vague and not really descriptive. Also would I need be better to run bigger gauge wire?

I have had the same pump in my car, wired the factory way for 2 years before that it was in my hatch for a year.. Never had any issues.

I hear it's not very safe to run a walbro 255lph pump without a secondary or bigger relay than factory. If anyone has done this can you please help me out or point me in the right direction. I have the relay, wire, and necessary connectors but every where I look is very vague and not really descriptive. Also would I need be better to run bigger gauge wire?

:confused: You need a bigger relay?

Can someone confirm this

It's actually better with its own relay I'm getting 13.5 volts to the pump when before I was only getting 11.8 volts

Some ppl arent lucky enough to have the factory relay werk that well
I rewire no matter if it werks well or not

I have 14v at the pump while idling, just like its supposed to be. Usually if you have low voltage, its something in the wiring, not the stock stuff being too weak.

yes you should upgrade the wire gauge. yes you should run it on its own relay.

you can use stock wiring, it might work ok but consider this:

i can poop without taking off my pants, doesnt mean its the best choice.

206474_194282320616040_100001028213705_578275_3843804_n.jpg

217409_194282353949370_100001028213705_578277_3818981_n.jpg

I rewired not only my fuel pump, but also the entire car. Best decesion ever. Rewiring your fuel pump is essential. The stock wiring can go through hell within 20 years. Many setups lean out and blow up because their fuel pump wasen't to its efficiency. Many cases on nicoclub explain that after they re-wired their fuel pump, not only did they fix their leaning-out issues, but also saw a jump in their hp numbers on the dyno.

Again, that is a problem with the wiring of the car. 14v at the pump, stock wiring stock relay. I highly doubt, re-wiring it, is going to get me better voltage to the pump.

Again, that is a problem with the wiring of the car. 14v at the pump, stock wiring stock relay. I highly doubt, re-wiring it, is going to get me better voltage to the pump.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/49466-fuel-pump-rewire.html

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Good shit leo
:bigthumbu
x2 never had a problem with mines either.

Are you boosted?

Reason for wiring it on its own is to get a constant 12v so you won't run lean lol its logic it makes plenty of sense and it doesn't cost more than like 10-15 bucks

Back
Top Bottom