Guam or Korea??

madk180sx

Driver
So im in the Air Force about to finish tech school and got my orders. Says im stationed at Anderson Air Base in Guam. Now i have the option to switch to Osan Air Base in Korea.

So my question is what would you do??

North Korea and South Korea are still fighting to see who has a smaller penar so IDK if it's a such a good idea to go there, at the same time idk if that is still going on.

The north throws tantrums every once and a while.

Bigger bonuses? Higher reenlistment? Yeah thats all bullshit, well atleast for air force

North Korea and South Korea are still fighting to see who has a smaller penar so IDK if it's a such a good idea to go there, at the same time idk if that is still going on.

yea but if he's in the air force he'll be going there no matter what is North Korea decides to do something stupid.

Hmmm my brother was there for 4 years and got offered 11k to stay but moved to Europe for only 3k. And his long time highschool and college buddy who went airforce went "8k more....Hell yea I'm staying"
So it was the same for both branches. Even tho 11 isn't much for four years its still a chunk of money.

And its all political tantrums. Like we just cut our deal with them because they started researching nuclear weaponry again. But they know an attack on the south would mean they get destroyed so they wouldn't try it.

Hmmm my brother was there for 4 years and got offered 11k to stay but moved to Europe for only 3k. And his long time highschool and college buddy who went airforce went "8k more....Hell yea I'm staying"
So it was the same for both branches. Even tho 11 isn't much for four years its still a chunk of money.

And its all political tantrums. Like we just cut our deal with them because they started researching nuclear weaponry again. But they know an attack on the south would mean they get destroyed so they wouldn't try it.

Im sorry but I have been here for a year and have heard nothing about anything like this. You can extend your tour here and they will give you more money a month but its only about 200 bucks a month. Trust me after a year here at osan you will want to get the fuck out. I know people who have done the 2 year deal and they regret it highly.

Reenlistment stuff varies by career field, I can tell you for a fact that my job has no benefits for reenlisting in korea or staying here. Only place that I know of that the location changes your reenlistment bonus dramatically is if you are deployed to afghanistan or iraq since they are tax free zones and you wont pay income tax on your bonus. Otherwise it is based on your career field and rank how much you get.

Last edited:
makes sense. just giving the info that i have. i forgot his rank when he was in korea but i think he was a mechanic of heavy machinery....

Back
Top Bottom