Greatest Motors

I dont even know wtf a AMG 63, 55, 32, or MG 65 even is lol. Never really studied my mercedes, i can tell which model is more expensive though lol.

well merc puts the same motors in alot of cars the first letter is the kind of car it is, the second number is the rough displacement of the engine a 55 is a 5.5L. The AMG cars only have 2 numbers and regular mercs have 3 so you could buy an S550 or an S55 the difference is alot. Also about a 110 more hp for the 55

so right now there is an S63, CL63, E63, C63, ML63, CLS63 and so on they are putting that engine in like very car except the SLK

to bad mercs do not have the right chassis setup for tracks with those wonderful engines... (note: CLK63 black edition - finial gear ep13-1 http://www.finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/13/1/)

bmw on the other hand has l8ly developed both fantastic engines and chassis that suit them. Shoot, BMW won best engine of the year for 2008 (note M5&M6 - http://www.businessweek.com/autos/content/may2007/bw20070510_425978.htm)

on the big block street, when you get turbos involved you get "000" followed by any number easily!!! sadly, the cars that use them daily are not daily-able... wheres the a/c bud... (YouTube video-gN6E-_0wXos- 4Sale fastest street car ?? 2000 hp 1963 Pontiac LeMans)

on the tuner scene, rotaries are great where weight per hp is concerned, this of course when reliability is thrown out the widow. from my studies, when tunning engine you can choose from safe, fast, and cheap... but you can only choose 2... pick wisely!! Most of the top engines found on the scene are their because of popularity and accessibility (ie, like the iphone, it might not be the absolute best phone on the market but with its high fan base their are many things available for it)...

but to sum it all down, id like to say my top 5

1- Bugatti Veyron Hermes (1001hp, A/C, radio, etc, ...need i say more)
2- Koenigsegg CCR (and they have a hybrid version, say waaa)
3- Pagani Zonda F (pure sex? dam skippy)
4- Lamborghini LP640 (yes, now KKK turbos... get the picture)
5- Scoot RX7 (although not the fastest, but overall, its nicely put together, and we are all puttin our roots in their.. so, eh..)

Last edited:
Thats a Merc M120 AMG V12 in that car :bigthumbu

hellz yeah, but it always seems that other manufactures have to use merc's engines in way that merc should have done in the first place....

...same can also be said of other brand names... *coughfbmwcoughfmaclerencoughf*

:D

how about greatest motor ever made

632 Cubic Inches - 900 H.P. - 725 Ft. Lbs. Torque - World Merlin III Cast Iron Block - Motown Aluminum Heads - 13.5:1 Compression Ratio

Pace Price $19,999.99

900 hp all motor son add boost and holy fuck

Cosworth BDT-E $ 24,000, 2.0 making 650 hp, powered the ford RS200 rally car -- a car capable of doing 0-60 in 2.1 sec

You really want me to awnser that????:laugh:

Hmm i guess thats the reason of posting a question dude? But that one might have flew over your head

to bad mercs do not have the right chassis setup for tracks with those wonderful engines... (note: CLK63 black edition - finial gear ep13-1 http://www.finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/13/1/)

bmw on the other hand has l8ly developed both fantastic engines and chassis that suit them. Shoot, BMW won best engine of the year for 2008 (note M5&M6 - http://www.businessweek.com/autos/content/may2007/bw20070510_425978.htm)

on the big block street, when you get turbos involved you get "000" followed by any number easily!!! sadly, the cars that use them daily are not daily-able... wheres the a/c bud... (YouTube video-gN6E-_0wXos- 4Sale fastest street car ?? 2000 hp 1963 Pontiac LeMans)

on the tuner scene, rotaries are great where weight per hp is concerned, this of course when reliability is thrown out the widow. from my studies, when tunning engine you can choose from safe, fast, and cheap... but you can only choose 2... pick wisely!! Most of the top engines found on the scene are their because of popularity and accessibility (ie, like the iphone, it might not be the absolute best phone on the market but with its high fan base their are many things available for it)...

but to sum it all down, id like to say my top 5

1- Bugatti Veyron Hermes (1001hp, A/C, radio, etc, ...need i say more)
2- Koenigsegg CCR (and they have a hybrid version, say waaa)
3- Pagani Zonda F (pure sex? dam skippy)
4- Lamborghini LP640 (yes, now KKK turbos... get the picture)
5- Scoot RX7 (although not the fastest, but overall, its nicely put together, and we are all puttin our roots in their.. so, eh..)

Im no foreign guru but i had once seen the koenigsegg on retail value of 600 million

Last edited:
The motor in this car (i think volvo made this car, its called Barabus TKR)

V8 Twin turbo - 1005hp 0-60 in 1.67 sec...STOCK
1barabusbi2.jpg

5barabusmy3.jpg

are we talking just figures here... like lets say oh cumming because it has this much HP.... when you mention greatest motors i think you are refering to stuff that has been tested ... like porsche's 956 with its flat 6 which took over lemans and a overall all-time lap record for the demanding 20 km Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit in the Eifel Mountains has been achieved during the qualifying session for the 1983 1000 km Nürburgring, by Stefan Bellof, who drove his 956 around in 6 minutes 11.13 seconds.

are we talking just figures here... like lets say oh cumming because it has this much HP.... when you mention greatest motors i think you are refering to stuff that has been tested ... like porsche's 956 with its flat 6 which took over lemans and a overall all-time lap record for the demanding 20 km Nürburgring-Nordschleife circuit in the Eifel Mountains has been achieved during the qualifying session for the 1983 1000 km Nürburgring, by Stefan Bellof, who drove his 956 around in 6 minutes 11.13 seconds.

actually that was a flat 12 twin turbo :bigthumbu

956=
Technical Specifications:

Chassis: Bonded and riveted aluminum monocoque. Composite Kevlar body panels.
Engine: 2.65 litre, air cooled cylinders and water cooled heads, six cylinder boxer. Four valves per cylinder. Dual turbochargers. Over 620 bhp.Transmission: Fully synchronized 5 speeds plus reverse.
Brakes: Porsche (ATE) 13” vented dual circuit discs with dual calipers.
Dimensions: Length – 189.0”, Width 78.7”, Height – 39.2”, Wheelbase – 104.3” Dry Weight: 1804 pounds (820kg)
Performance: Top Speed – over 220 miles per hour.

“Arguably the most successful of the most successful sports car in history, the Porsche 956/962.”

962C=
Technical Specifications:

Chassis: Bonded and riveted aluminum monocoque. Composite Carbon and Kevlar body panels.
Engine: 3.0 litre, air cooled cylinders and water cooled heads, six cylinder boxer. Four valves per cylinder. Twin turbochargers. Over 850 bhp.
Transmission: Fully synchronized 5 speeds plus reverse.
Brakes: Brembo vented dual circuit discs with dual calipers.
Dimensions: Length – 193.0”, Width 78.7”, Height – 39.2”, Wheelbase – 108.3”
Performance: Top Speed – over 220 miles per hour.

Back
Top Bottom