Got a ticket for my tag, what do?

z_three_two

Tempus edax rerum
Driver
First he tried to get me for speeding out of aventura mall, and I tried to be as respectable as possible with the guy, pulling over where no cars would pass close, turning the car off, hands on the wheel and all that crap..

[Insert license and registration, insurance, etc.]
"When was your last ticket? Can you remember what it was?"-50
"Hmm.. Abou--"-me
"Don't tell me--SPEEDING right?"-50
"No. I think it was improper backing in 2008."-Me
"So, how fast do you THINK you were going?"-50
"I was watching and I'd say around 45-47"-Me
"*cocks head back* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You're lucky I didn't have my radar on, I'd say you were going around 70." -50
*holy shit, 70 at that distance? impossiburu, suddenly my car's a GTR reaction*
"I hate to say this, but my car isn't even that quick, it's not even twin turbo."-Me
[blablalblalalabalbalabla]
"You should really learn to be humble, I'm trying to let you off with a verbal on the speeding and just give you one on the cover, but your arrogance could lead me to write the citation."
*no BS: i wasn't giving him shit, it's not in my nature*
"I'm not trying to be arrogant officer, we're both people here and I'm just trying to give you an opinion on how fast I think I was going."
"We're both PEOPLE, but I'M A POLICE OFFICER"
"-_____________-"
"How old are you?" *wtf he has my license*
"Twenty-three."
"23? I've been doing this all your life."
"I was just in the empty turning lane and maybe because everyone was turni---"
"I KNOW WHAT YOU WERE DOING:mad:" :shady:
:ugh: etc etc etc
"Stuff about my license plate cover and fast n furious neon ones too"
</coolstorybro>
Not the first time I've dealt with Aventura Police, no matter what, they're all dicks.

It has one of those *lightly* smoked license plate covers. Is it a fix it ticket? Ticket clinic? What do? Take pictars and take 'em to the judge? It says $129 fine which my wallet doesn't agree with.

Bullshit citation IMO, could've just taken the thing off on the spot. I've been pulled over before AT NIGHT for burnt out license plate lights and was let off with a warning: nothing said about the cover. another cop checked out my brake lights (nothing wrong with 'em: just a moment sitting at a light in neutral, dude was being a bro--no mention of the cover).. wtf man?

Last edited:
Remove it, take a pic, and put it back on. Take the pic to court, show it to the judge and case dismissed.

Just incase you get lucky, leave it off till after the case gets dismissed. You wouldn't want to be one of those one in a million moments where the judge asks an office to go with you outside and check it.

tag covers are always a heat up as well as blacked out lights. but do what he said^

"Not the first time I've dealt with Aventura Police, no matter what, they're all dicks."

+1234567891011121314151617181920!

Remove it, take a pic, and put it back on. Take the pic to court, show it to the judge and case dismissed

^Exactly. Just take it to court, you'll be good. Don't pay ticket clinic to do what you can do for free.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

And that's why you didn't get a speeding ticket, because no radar=no proof.

First thing the tag cover is not legal. Take it off and keep it off. No need to get a heat up for nothing. And ya take it to court and you'll be fine. 80% of the time the officer never shows to the court hearing.

^agreed. and ill know to stay out of that area since my car is "unsafe to drive and should be towed off the road" lol
something like that would probably get dismissed

Remove it, take a pic, and put it back on. Take the pic to court, show it to the judge and case dismissed.

Just incase you get lucky, leave it off till after the case gets dismissed. You wouldn't want to be one of those one in a million moments where the judge asks an office to go with you outside and check it.

^Exactly. Just take it to court, you'll be good. Don't pay ticket clinic to do what you can do for free.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Thanks, will do, just wanted to be sure it was one of those types of tickets.
Waste of taxin' imo.

First thing the tag cover is not legal. Take it off and keep it off. No need to get a heat up for nothing. And ya take it to court and you'll be fine. 80% of the time the officer never shows to the court hearing.

not true. especially if the officer was being a dick on purpose. officers get paid overtime for going to court so they look forward to it. however, you can reschedule your court date up to 2 times (at least down here in dade county where i live) usually they will get annoyed that you didnt show and wont bother coming back. it worked for my friend twice

she gets comp'd out most likely. and next time dont argue or "explain" to any LEO why your car cant do what its being accused of. 98% of the time they know damn what you were doing, and are trying to psych you out into saying something else.

smile, take the warning and say thank you...or keep getting bullshit tickets and thank your mouth.

she gets comp'd out most likely. and next time dont argue or "explain" to any LEO why your car cant do what its being accused of. 98% of the time they know damn what you were doing, and are trying to psych you out into saying something else.

smile, take the warning and say thank you...or keep getting bullshit tickets and thank your mouth.

Wasn't explaining, he asked a question and I was answering. Not that big a deal, just wanted to share the coolstorybro conversation and get some clarity on what to do with the ticket. First bullshit ticket I've received, notes taken though, thanks--next time I'll take that shit like a champ.

she gets comp'd out most likely. And next time dont argue or "explain" to any leo why your car cant do what its being accused of. 98% of the time they know damn what you were doing, and are trying to psych you out into saying something else.

Smile, take the warning and say thank you...or keep getting bullshit tickets and thank your mouth.

egg zack lee

The comment of thats why you didnt get a speeding because there was no radar us a common misconception. I am radar certified and as part of the certification you have to visually estimate the vehicle speed. I could write a million speeding tickets without even picking up my radar amd when it goes to court I'll win everytime.

As far as the tag cover. If the state statute is 316.610 its a fix it ticket. Take it to your local law enforcment agency and have them sign off on it. If its the improper display ticket go to court with photos.

Back
Top Bottom