good tv deals - Black Friday or Cyber Monday

tmwnn88

Spectator
So I know some of you guys know more about hdtvs and shit cause everytime someone posts a tv in the classifieds you rip them a new one lol...
Im thinking of buying a HDTV to watch movies on. I still have like a 10 year old 22" tv which is fine cause I dont play video games and I dont watch tv. But now I want to watch movies on something other than by computer.

What good deals are out there? I was looking at a "LG Electronics 50PK250 50" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV, 3 x HDMI & PC Input" for $700 shipped this black friday. Is that a good deal or is it one of those black friday deals for suckers..... Im really looking at something bigger than 40".

Ideas? opinions?

Personally I would stay away from Plasmas - but you can get a sick deal any day of the week these days. Check tigerdirect.com or newegg.com sign up for their newsletter they always have awesome deals on tv's

Why, because of lifetime?
I thought plasmas had better color quality than lcds/leds and that modern plasmas last just as long? =/ Im about to pull the trigger on this 50" lg : http://bfads.net/

Plasmas let of TONS of heat and have a super high possibility of screen/image burn. Not to mention that the viewing angle is not as wide as an LCD - Glossy screen sucks in bright room or in front of a window or light source - but at this point I guess its all user preference they all serve the same purpose in the end

Last edited:
Led LCD anything about 120mhz and more than 2 hdmi ports. And I like 40 plus.

Ive been looking at prices and 50" 1080 LED LCds are like twice the price of the deal I found on the 50" 1080 plasma....

shit I'm thinking that after coming from a 22" tube tv, ANY hdtv paired with blu ray and surround sound will seem like a huge upgrade.

Led is the best bang for the buck. It doesn't get as hot as the none led tv's. The best on the market right now for Led is Samsung and Panasonic. Samsung right now gets the least hot and useless less enegry which is good for that electricity bill.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Also If you are about movies get a plasma, if you are about gaming LCD.

thanks for the answers. Its mostly for movies, and the led/lcds size 50" above I found were a lot more expensive.

Ended up getting the LG Electronics 50PK250 50" Plasma for 675 shipped, no tax. Sears has the same TV as its doorbuster deal, so you gotta make the stupid BF line and hope you can get one, and then pay taxes. Seemed like a good deal

I'm no expert obviously. LED TVs are the best bang for the buck, yes. But coming from the current TV you have, anything will be an improvement. If your not plopped in front of the couch for 6 hours a day, then you should have nothing worry about with plasma. I've had a shitty brand plasma for almost 6 years now that I constantly have on just for background noise, and it has less burn in than my PC LCD that's only 2 years old. I bought another TV for Blue Ray watching, It is an LCD Samsung (non-LED) and this thing is mind blowing. So, yeah, LED is the best. Seriously, some of the Samsung LED's I've seen are just amazing. It really just comes down to what you really need, or what your willing to spend.

Plasmas are not bad but they do use more energy and are real heavy. But they have the best picture for the price and the refresh rate (the hertz) is in the thousands. The burning out thing was with plasmas years ago. They don't do that anymore. But I have a 37 inch 60 hz 1080 p LCD that was like $650 and I am happy with it.

i have the samsung series 7 55 inch led and love it. Had it for about 1.5 years now now probs. Now there blu-ray player on the other hand blows dick.

Back
Top Bottom