Good evening, Moderators... (question)

Hello Mod's, I am wondering if I can ask for your assistance on a topic please.

People that take photos w/out permission from hosting sites, or photographers web sites be removed "IF" the photographer requests this. Like any other site, sites are responsible for the content after it's been requested to be removed (ie. myspace, public/private sites etc.)

It's by no means the sites fault or the moderators, just asking for your assistance on photos if a photographer sees them up and would like to have them removed.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Just some information for some folks who do not know... I am not being rude here, just asking folks not to utilize my stuff. Most people here know better, some do not - and quite a few of you have come to me to let me know people are using my images. I sincerely appreciate it. And I am sure other photographers feel the same... It's completely respect

Mistake one
Thinking, hey, let THEM prove I DIDN'T steal the photo.

"Intellectual Property" issues are different from a lot of things in the rest of the world. ("Intellectual Property" is how the law describes things like books, symphonies and...photos.) In the rest of the world, if somebody thinks you stole something, they have to prove you did. In the world of "copyright infringement", you have to prove that you DIDN'T. Yep.
Let's say, for example, that someone sees one of their pictures used on your website. They can prove that it is, indeed, their picture. They own the copyright on it. They can make a demand that you prove that you have legally acquired the right to use the picture. If you can't prove it (usually in the form of a paid invoice) you are legally responsible.

Mistake Two:
Using Photoshop to remove all these pesky little copyright identifiers on this picture. Who's gonna know?"

Watermarking involves digitally embedding into an image a symbol that identifies the copyright holder. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 makes it a criminal offense to remove watermarks meant to protect copyright. Many people don't realize that under US copyright law, it is specifically illegal to remove a watermark from a photo. Not only is the act of removal prohibited, the courts assume that the very attempt indicates a willful intent to violate somebody's copyright. And that's something the courts come down really hard on.

What does "Intellectual Property" mean?
"Intellectual property" refers to original creations in the fields of literature and the arts. Most countries in the world provide automatic copyright protection to any item of intellectual property at the instant the item is created. At the instant a photo is taken, it automatically becomes the "intellectual property" of the photographer who took it. It makes no difference what the subject is or why the photograph was taken in a public or private venue.

Why not just PM a MOD/ADMIN? Yes if someone request the imagae to be removed it will be. But we cannot make the members not steal your work.

I know it has to suck to see someone steal your photo and not credit you. So just PM one of the MODS/ADMINS where the photo is and it will be removed.

Dont Post your pics on the internet whare anyone can copy and paste them if you dont want people to use them how is this even a topic worth talking about.

Back
Top Bottom