Godspeed Sway bars????

I got these things a few months ago...

When the box arrived there was a scraped up piece of red shit sticking out the side of it. I opened the box and all I could think was god damn these are big, until I saw the mig welds, then all I could thing was fuck these guys I can't put this shit on the car, then I staired some more and drifted back to ...god damn these are big and put them on the car.

ordered and paid($196) Thursday night, arrived a week later Friday morning.

put them on and you'll feel the difference the first time you turn the wheel, if you don't have coil-overs go buy them right now.

There is no match for a well tuned set of coilovers. I don't even run swaybars on my Legacy anymore, but I have 12/10kg spring rates.

Sway bars are good for slowing the roll of the body but are unnecessary for a stiffly spring car. They can also serve to reduce total grip due to lifting of inside tire.

On a car that has stiffer springs it will require less anti roll resistance. Not to say that just jacking the spring rate to the sky will be the end all answer for eliminating sway bars, because its not.

If you lift the inside tire your center of gravity needs to be lower.

You are correct saying that anti roll bars and spring rates go hand and hand and should be paired accordingly.

sway bars are inexpensive, It should be a test and tune thing see what bars work best for you. Solid end links are absolutely necessary for accurate comparison, and it would help if you had delrin D-bushings made.

240SicknessX said:
should be paired accordingly.
Bingo

I'm not saying that my setup is for everyone by any means, but it does work very very well for me without sway bars. Of course, I DO have 100Z% roll center restoration for proper geometry with low center of gravity.

Last edited:
just order a set w/solid endlinks when i get them on my car ill post some info on them!!(front-30mm/rear-27mm)

keep in mind, alloys differ in the manufacturing process. So a larger diameter bar dose not necessarily mean "stiffer" .

Also, diameter increase epxonentially increases stiffness. A 20mm bar is 10x stiffer than a 10mm bar, not 2x as stiff.

Didnt Xero240 have this?
i heard him complaint that they were too stiff and gave him understeer.... he said they would be great for road racing dou.....

WHat about

ST swaybars.... you know the green ones on ebay?

miami-200sx said:
Didnt Xero240 have this?
i heard him complaint that they were too stiff and gave him understeer.... he said they would be great for road racing dou.....

WHat about

ST swaybars.... you know the green ones on ebay?

he had whiteline sway bars

mranlet said:
Also, diameter increase epxonentially increases stiffness. A 20mm bar is 10x stiffer than a 10mm bar, not 2x as stiff.

true

yea yea thats kinda what I was touching on, outside diameter is your total strength in torsional twist if it is the same material and you stay with in the materials elasticity limits. But certain alloys are designed for different tasks. I would not assume that all sway bars are made from the same alloy unless the manufacturer prints the alloy and its level of heat treatment. Usually its not the case but its possible to have a 26mm sway bar have more torsional twist resistance then a 27mm bar due to the differences in the metal.

alibaba said:
he had whiteline sway bars

Im not positive but due to running soft spring rates it almost felt like the sway bar was bottoming out on something when i drove his car. Who the hell knows, that F n R balance was hard to drift.

after doing some research, im thinking of getting the tanabe rear sway bar and keeping the front stock on my s13. I want understeer to die. Any objections?

hey the sway bars are GREAT AAAAAAA+++++!!!!
I have front and rear for my s14 ask Dan or Z4K they took a ride in my car.
I let Dan drift it.
30mm front & 28mm rear they are really F**king BIG somewhat of a bitch to swap in.
but great bars for great price
buy them!

I LIKE F31 said:
after doing some research, im thinking of getting the tanabe rear sway bar and keeping the front stock on my s13. I want understeer to die. Any objections?

Well, I dont like the idea just adding a larger rear sway bar on a 240, unless hicas bar on s13. It will slow your drift down. Not that you will notice right off the bat, it will be slow waiting for the rear to catch grip, slow switch backs, ect. But hey alot of people do these super over steer things to their cars to make them handle better and they say that its the best thing in the world and little do they know its hurting them.

Similar to rear toe out, I dunno bout it.

But your driving a m30 so try it and see whats up.

FindJDM_s14 said:
hey the sway bars are GREAT AAAAAAA+++++!!!!
I have front and rear for my s14 ask Dan or Z4K they took a ride in my car.
I let Dan drift it.
30mm front & 28mm rear they are really F**king BIG somewhat of a bitch to swap in.
but great bars for great price
buy them!

Great bars eh?? compared to what? why? What was the car doing before, what is it doing now? Are you running enough spring rate for these super duper huge sway bars.

240SicknessX said:
Well, I dont like the idea just adding a larger rear sway bar on a 240, unless hicas bar on s13. It will slow your drift down. Not that you will notice right off the bat, it will be slow waiting for the rear to catch grip, slow switch backs, ect. But hey alot of people do these super over steer things to their cars to make them handle better and they say that its the best thing in the world and little do they know its hurting them.

Similar to rear toe out, I dunno bout it.

But your driving a m30 so try it and see whats up.

Well it wouldnt be put on an the M30, itll be on an S13 so ill see how that goes and if anything ill just add the front one, i wont be losing money or anything, i know a lot of people do it on zilvia and zt and they say its sex, ill try it out though

I LIKE F31 said:
Well it wouldnt be put on an the M30, itll be on an S13 so ill see how that goes and if anything ill just add the front one, i wont be losing money or anything, i know a lot of people do it on zilvia and zt and they say its sex, ill try it out though

well try it out. If you buy the bars front and rear and want to sell them, let me know. I have a set of ST bars on the car now, but I want to try all the other bars readily available for the 240 and see what works best. I did a little sumtin sumtin to the rear bar so its not the normal ST balance, I like it. But I want to try others.

I LIKE F31 said:

im runnin tanabe's sway bar up front and just waiting for new endlinks to put the rear one in. lemme know how it feels. haha i got massive understeer with the tanabe up front and JIC endlinks , then all stock in the back. but their products are the shit so give it a try

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom