Giant Stingray

BLADDER_MASTER

is no more
4zodgf9.jpg

Yea there was a crazy one like 3 years ago when I was at a Summer Surf Camp. We were all done talking and the surf instructor went into the water and stepped on one..... all of a sudden you see a HUGE ass shadow (same size as that one) fly deeper out into the ocean. We we're all like HOLY CRAP

is that a sting ray or manta ray? or are manta rays only in the ocean
i have no idea but imagine if you got stung by that hmmm
i'd pass out or scream and climb a tree if i saw that thing

thats not a stingray thats a UFO where did u find this pic?! watch out behind you bladder, they lurk in the shadows!!

crazy

lol love how they put the rope around its eye sockets.

and its def. a stingray, manta rays are way bigger and have a big mouth in the front, not a flap
manta%20baby.JPG

Yea, also you identify the Manta w/ it's "horns" which earned it the name Devil Ray...Seen them from attop a pier in hope beach.

i have a childhood fear of these damn things and that pic plus seeing like 100 of those things about that size off the peers in miami beach doesnt help my fear of swiming in the beach, i saw one of these things wayyy tooo close for comfort when i was little and ran out the beach screaming in fear now i get kind paranoid if im in the beach without my goggles

PlatanoDrifter said:
i have a childhood fear of these damn things , i saw one of these things wayyy tooo close for comfort when i was little and ran out the beach screaming in fear now i get kind paranoid if im in the beach without my goggles
ME TOO :bigthumbu :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hate walking in the water. I'm afraid I'll step on one.

Leo said:
ME TOO :bigthumbu :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hate walking in the water. I'm afraid I'll step on one.

lol yeah they say you got to shuffle your feet in the sand to scare away any ones near by, so when i walk in (witch is rare nowadays) i shuffle my feet allot taking slow steps and when i swim i dont put my feet down till i look at the floor hence y i don't go in the water if i don't have goggles. :p plus im afraid of jelly fish and barracudas too much shit to worry about in the waters these days, especially in Florida but oddly enough i don't think about sharks because ive only seen them in deep sea all these other ones already traumatized me as a little explorer, makes me regret being so damn curious, :eek: and sometimes i wish i didn't get those damn discover channel video tapes when i was little because they didn't help at all they just focus on how dangerous things are :(

PlatanoDrifter said:
lol yeah they say you got to shuffle your feet in the sand to scare away any ones near by, so when i walk in (witch is rare nowadays) i shuffle my feet allot taking slow steps and when i swim i dont put my feet down till i look at the floor hence y i don't go in the water if i don't have goggles. :p plus im afraid of jelly fish and barracudas too much shit to worry about in the waters these days, especially in Florida but oddly enough i don't think about sharks because ive only seen them in deep sea all these other ones already traumatized me as a little explorer, makes me regret being so damn curious, :eek: and sometimes i wish i didn't get those damn discover channel video tapes when i was little because they didn't help at all they just focus on how dangerous things are :(

I'd be more scared of sharks, at least up here in Palm Beach. I've been out FAAR in the ocean swimming and I've seen so many sharks I can't even count, swim right near me. I've only seen stingrays a few times. There are alot of jellyfish too if you go out about a 100ft but I never get stung (and I'm at the beach quite a bit).

I don't like the beach because I don't like having sand in my butt. I could deal with stingrays, and devil rays. as long as you leave them alone and don't wear anything shiny you are pretty much safe from carniverous sea cratures.... and if you pee in the water the jellyfish stay away (scientifically proven) lol

Back
Top Bottom