Getting a SKYLINE?

SKINNY D

FORZA PRO
Driver
Ok, so i have been reading all kinds of threads, government pdf's, and all kinds of information on how to get a skyline into the us legally... it almost sounds impossible. out of everything that i have read i consistently see "GREY MARKET" cars in FL. because of fl's lax emissions, and no testing it is easier to register a skyline here. I am looking at an R32 GTS-T in Montreal but im not sure what exactly its gunna take to come back over the border with it. buying one already in the U.S. increases my prices ten fold... but from some of what i have read it may cost that same ten fold to get it cleared in customs... is there anyone who thoroughly understands the process here. is registering it as a kit car the best way... and just disassembling it to reassemble it again the only way? thanks any input is good!

Skinny D

*edit* i spoke to a friend in Washington and he said he can get it done for like 2000... i am assuming that isnt too bad considering the car is 100 percent legit afterwards...

Last edited:
Not even sure why you would even be thinking of doing this. I thought you said that a Skyline is just an S13 with a bigger engine, not to mention that the GT-S is still not as good as a GT-R.... Just keep beating on your S13 and be happy, why spend $4-6k plus the cash to get it legal if don't even like it much? Just saying....

just pay some1 3000 or buy one already here and legal lmk i got one for sale r32

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

ps: skylines are gay and rb's suck

Not even sure why you would even be thinking of doing this. I thought you said that a Skyline is just an S13 with a bigger engine, not to mention that the GT-S is still not as good as a GT-R.... Just keep beating on your S13 and be happy, why spend $4-6k plus the cash to get it legal if don't even like it much? Just saying....

who are you?

Just stating a fact cool kid, no need to get a sandy vagina over it lol! Either way GL with the GTS-T....

Here's a link to a place that has Skylines, give them a call. And please drop the internet attitude, I only repeated your words. No need to get angry when someone reminds you of what you said when you go back on it. Have an awesome day sir :D

http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/jdm-c...4.html?zenid=23e08b8a8527b03d2df86844ffc10e3e

Last edited:
Just stating a fact cool kid, no need to get a sandy vagina over it lol! Either way GL with the GTS-T....

Here's a link to a place that has Skylines, give them a call. And please drop the internet attitude, I only repeated your words. No need to get angry when someone reminds you of what you said when you go back on it. Have an awesome day sir :D

http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/jdm-c...4.html?zenid=23e08b8a8527b03d2df86844ffc10e3e

there is absolutely no internet attitude here, you are quoting me and i dont believe i know you at all. so i asked "who are you?" i didnt call you any names, i was just wondering how someone i dont know is repeating my words thats all... the only sandy one seems to be you. i asked a very simple question. i will ask it again but i will rephrase it.

do i happen to know you, or when did i say such blasphemy? lol thanks for the link tho

btw how legit is that site... i mean i see that they have the titled 1992 but its a 93 in the description. it cant be 92 so ill take their word for 93 lol... but these sites are so scary to me because of all the horror stories of you paying them and the car gets "SEIZED" you know? but i will look around thanks!

Last edited:
Just go on NICO or Zilvia, there was a graphite gray R32 going around 14k that is in NJ making 400hp on Evolutionm.net.

Last edited:
Yeah then you have to get through Customs, and regulations are gonna make that a pain and you will still have to pay for registration. You would still be better off just purchasing one here stateside.

your living a pipe dream all set and done that $5,000 gtst will turn into a $12K real quick between title work,getting it through the border and transporting it down here.

If for some reason you do get it and need it titled shoot me a pm

Last edited:
G35 coups are a completely different car. Idk y he would even consider that

Still a Skyline and faster than a stock Skyline equipped RB25DET and probably more comfortable too. Besides it rivals a 3 series in handling and that's saying something. It was just an alternative suggestion to an older Skyline that's not even a GT-R.

*edit* i spoke to a friend in Washington and he said he can get it done for like 2000... i am assuming that isnt too bad considering the car is 100 percent legit afterwards...

skinny, do some more research. There is no such thing as a 100 percent legit skyline they way your talking about it. It may be state legal but not federal legal, and if anything happens the feds can seize the car. Theres a list of modifications that need to be done on the r32,3,4. Starting with dot headlights, taillights, side imapct beams, seatbelts and etc. And if those things are not done, the car will always be illegal. Hence the reason why the motorex cars still sell for so much money, because at the end of the day those are the ones the us government only recognizes as legal.

Back
Top Bottom