Fuel problem?!?

kakapoopie

Spectator
ok so the 2 has been sitting in the garage for about 3 months...no time to work on it, but now with christmas break..i can finally sit down and see whats going on. it hasnt been starting, so today i sprayed some starter fluid into the air filter and viola...vroom vroom...but for only a few seconds until the fluid was burned. Now when im starting the car without the starter fluid, i can tell it wants to start...it starts to come to life then dies...im guessing when it runs out of fuel pressure our whatever. also when the car was running from the starter fluid, alot of white smoke was coming from the ex manifold/dizzy area and there was a strong smell of fuel.

background: i just finished replacing the headgasket.

i already tightened the bolts on the FPR and vibration dampener so im not sure what could be causing my fuel problem. help plz!!

i might try to get a video of it later

uhr....well it was still doing this about a month ago...i dont think gas gets bad in 2 months.

anyone verify?? im not sure myself

make shour that your fuel pump stays pumping it could be turning on and off bad ground or some shit it think its you fuel press regulator staying stuck open and not letting pressure build you know wut take your fuel rail out and cheak if they are all sraying cus you had those injectors on the floor for a while humidity is not good they could be stuck open or closed or both that should save you allot of time

ok so now the fuel randomly started working again...and the engine runs on its own. i think #4 isnt firing though or something...the timing or some crap...i hate this thing

heres a vidhere

to answer your question about gas. Gas starts to break down 2 weeks after you put it into your tank. eventually after 3 months the gas wont be able to ignite.

This is also depended on the quality of gas.

well the car is running now, although its still crappy.

now its just misfiring like crazy and idk...somethings off

run a can of seafoam in it to clean out the fuel sys. also spray some WD-40 on a rag and cleane out the inside of your throtle body

Back
Top Bottom