Fuel cost

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member
Has anyone stopped to wonder how much they spend on fuel? I recently crossed the 100,000 mile mark on my Prius and if my math is right my fuel cost came out to $8,000. That's if I averaged 50 MPG and fuel is $4/gallon throughout 100,000 miles.

In contrast my previous car, a 95 Camry V6, averaged about 15 MPG and the fuel cost would've been $26,666 using the same variables I used for the Prius. So what is or would be your fuel cost if you were to drive your current daily for 100,000 miles?

$4,000 on my ruckus or $21,050 in my XB this is why i drive the ruckus as much as i possibly can. if only it was possible to do 100k on the ruckus lol

Well since Ive done the swap on my s14 I average about 20mpg. My estimate for this year is $2700. Thats just to and from work though.

BEN STANCE THE PRIUS

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

also I get 20 MPG est @ $4.09/gal :c

15 mpg on a v6 camry? something wasnt right with that car.
And the driver. Back then my driving habits wasn't really geared towards fuel efficiency. It was only when I got the Prius that I started to learn and utilize hypermiling techniques. I think if I were to drive the Camry with the knowledge I know now I could easily surpass 15 MPG, even if the car wasn't in the best shape like the time that I owned it.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

BEN STANCE THE PRIUS

:chair:

holy shit... :ugh: gas is expensive... i get between 15 to 17 mpg in my 240.. thats $23529.12 a year.. i could have had a really nice effin racecar with that money... lol :driving:

Back
Top Bottom