friend backed into door, now it doesnt open?

Sketchy564

Driver
so last night i was at my friends house, there was some cars in the driveway, and some on the curb. mine was sideways up along the driveway, and the person in front of it wasnt paying attention and backed right into the drivers door....

theres no dents, or scratches, just a little bit of paint from the other car that i can probably take off with my finger, but now the door doesnt open at all, from the inside or the outside

i would take the door panel off and see what broke or disconnected, but its kinda hard to do that with the door still on the car...

anybody ever had anything like this happen? ive heard when s13s get hit from the side, the doors dont open.. but i didnt think a little love tap would do that

damn u have some back luck...

atleast i feel like im hopping into a race car when i jump in and out through the window

Rip the panel off and get a new one.

was actually thinking about this earlyer. I might do that if i cant find another way to get it open, i could use a new door panel anyways

Get a new shell

have been thinking about this too lol. at this point, theres so much random shit here and there to fix. If i can find a clean body, rust free shell for real cheap, i would do it.

but back to the topic, anybody have any ideas how i can get the door to open?

Roll down the window put a wire in to the inside of the window down to the latch that actually opens the door in the middle and see if u can get the hook of the wire on the latch and pull your door open. See if u can Google a pic of what ur working With cause if not its gonna be hard cause u can't see what ur doing but u should be able to get it. One option before u have to rip ur door panel off.

Roll down the window put a wire in to the inside of the window down to the latch that actually opens the door in the middle and see if u can get the hook of the wire on the latch and pull your door open. See if u can Google a pic of what ur working With cause if not its gonna be hard cause u can't see what ur doing but u should be able to get it. One option before u have to rip ur door panel off.

this seems like it would work, but i dont have any wires thin and strong enough to do that

but ive tried looking in there with a flash light and it seems like the when i pull the leverl its still pulling up what it needs to pull up, but if that were the case, the door would open... so idk

this seems like it would work, but i dont have any wires thin and strong enough to do that

but ive tried looking in there with a flash light and it seems like the when i pull the leverl its still pulling up what it needs to pull up, but if that were the case, the door would open... so idk

Straighten out a hanger but leave the looped part untouched that should do it. Or make a small hook on the other end but don't bend it to much cause once that soft metal gets hot it will break n u don't want pieces of hangar in your door.

^ what he said in not so many words lol, just wasnt sure if that part will be to big to get where he needs to go.

It happened to me and i peele the door panel nicely off from the inside opened the door
and charged the asshole that hit my car for a whole new door
new = door that opens

It happened to me and i peele the door panel nicely off from the inside opened the door
and charged the asshole that hit my car for a whole new door
new = door that opens

the guy tapped you or slammed into you?

and what did it end up being, the rod thing came off or broke?

and yo PM me your number, i broke my old phone and lost my numbers

He hit pretty hard
the door needed to be replaced and i think the bar came off

Just take the panel off, have someone stand on the side (by the quarter panel window) and hold the lever up like your trying to open it, and you kick it from the inside. Then once its open take door off and put a "new" one on. Done.

Back
Top Bottom