formula drift japan live now

I only managed to view the final battle but it looked like there was some issues due to the language barrier. Nonetheless it was great to see a different set of cars on the live stream than what I've traditionally seen.

Yeah, it was nice to see new cars but over all from what i watched on the livestream i wasn't really impressed.

i turned it off during the great 8. I just thought it was kind of boring. maybe it was because of the track, I didnt like this fast high speed entry with long sweepers, i wish they used a more technical course so we could have appreciated the japanese drifting style more with super close tandems.

Also, i agree with you Ben. The announcing wasnt too good. Since it was in Japan, i would have much rather just listened to Orido or whoever and the other Japanese gentleman then Ryan Sage & JaRod. I can barely stand JaRod announcing in America haha

Last edited:
+1 @greddy2die

I can't imagine what it must've been like for the Japanese audience to be listening to two Americans announce the event. Perhaps they did it to give the audience a feel for how we do things.

I'm curious to know if anyone saw any commercials during the livestream. Usually when there's some sort of downtime they cut over to commercials but from the little that I saw they never did. There was about 10 minutes of nothing going on as the drivers of the final battle took their time to get ready. You could hear the anxiety in Ryan's and Jarod's voices as they tried to rush the drivers to line up.

i think the only commercial i saw was in japanese & it was just advertising the other events going on during the FD weekend @ Fuji. However i didnt pay too close of attention to the dead air time. I know i didnt see any of the Motegi, Nitto etc commercials that we would normally see.

I did see a few different camera angles of the track of misc cars driving around the course during the intermission & it looked like it was being recorded with a Nokia 7650

Back
Top Bottom