Formula Drift 2013 Rule Book

MacMurphy

The Beard-O
Driver
http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/im...ft Pro Technical Regulations 1.1 20130123.pdf

There it is for the Pro-Am Driver's(I'm not saying these are the Pro-AM rules) since Pro drivers already receive this rule book.

A lot of stuff has been reworded and some new things added like these \/

ROLL CAGE
ANTI-INTRUSION or ANTI-WHEEL INTRUSTION BARS
All cars shall have anti-intrusion bars or wheel intrusion bars with one tube extending
forward from each front down tube and one tube from the base plate forward to the
firewall but not penetrating any panel. The anti-intrusion bars or wheel intrusion bars are
intended for additional foot protection.
M

5.8. DRIVESHAFT
All vehicles must have a driveshaft retaining loop mounted with 6 inches of the forward
most universal joint and be securely attached to a body or frame structure. The driveshaft
loop may be made of minimum 1/4in steel x 2 in wide strap or 7/8 inch x .065 steel
tubing and be securely mounted in case of universal joint failure

5.10 DATA
FORMULA DRIFT may require some or all cars to have Data Acquisition systems installed.
These systems may be used for judging or for technical purposes.
Any data collected is the property of FORMULA DRIFT, and discretion will be used to
keep it confidential between the team and FORMULA DRIFT as necessary, however data
used for judging purposes may be disclosed to other teams as appropriate.
If required, detail regarding sourcing, installation, and operation of a Data Acquisition
system will be referenced in official FORMULA DRIFT publications including but not limited
to Supplemental Regulations, Bulletins or Memos.

4.1. FRONT SUSPENSION
Suspension relocation brackets that move suspension points or pivots regardless if they are
bolt in to the chassis will not be allowed. MacPherson strut upper mount pivot must remain
within the dimensions of the OEM bolt circle on the chassis.

AFTERMARKET LIGHTS
Rearward facing strobe lights of any color are strictly prohibited.

Last edited:
http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/im...ft Pro Technical Regulations 1.1 20130123.pdf

ROLL CAGE
ANTI-INTRUSION or ANTI-WHEEL INTRUSTION BARS
All cars shall have anti-intrusion bars or wheel intrusion bars with one tube extending
forward from each front down tube and one tube from the base plate forward to the
firewall but not penetrating any panel. The anti-intrusion bars or wheel intrusion bars are
intended for additional foot protection.
M

I bet the driving force for that was the John Russakoff and Matt Powers crash from 2011!

What do you mean sa05 helmets are allowed now? They've always been allowed.

Driveshaft loop has been recommend for aslong as I've been looking at fd rule books, they finally just made it mandatory.

There's no changed that are really mind blowing or anything, just stuff that's been recommended for years that's finally mandatory.

What do you mean sa05 helmets are allowed now? They've always been allowed.

I was told SA05 weren't allowed before but i guess not tho you would know more then me.

Driveshaft loop has been recommend for aslong as I've been looking at fd rule books, they finally just made it mandatory.
Nothing in prevous rule books mentions driveshaft loop recommendation. Maybe i missed that somewhere?

There's no changed that are really mind blowing or anything, just stuff that's been recommended for years that's finally mandatory.
No statements were made about minds being blow.

Last edited:
the foot intrusion bar is prolly from seattle of '11 i think... taka hit and broke his ankle iirc

Back
Top Bottom