Forced Induction 500 RWHP VS N/A 500 RWHP

FI 500RWHP VS N/A 500RWHP

• Forced Induction 500 rwhp

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • N/A 500 rwhp

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
ANYWAY to get 500 rwhp on any engine, and than compare 2 of the same engines both making 500 rwhp but one is N/A and the other is FI. Which would be more realiable and last longer for daily driving.

Last edited:
This question makes no sense. If you get a v10 m5 motor that makes 500hp all day it will last 100,000 miles easy. If you get a vq35de and boost it to make 500 rwhp. I would say the vq would kick the bucket before 100k. Just for 1 and 1 reason only. Motors are designed for that specific application. When you add boost to any motor either the v10 or the vq it increases wear and tear on the motor and usually decreases mpg. Because the motor isn't built or designed to be pushing 500. Can it yes now will it be 100,000 mile reliable probably not. Pick up maximum boost by corky bell he can explain it alot better than i can.

I want to compare 2 of the SAME engines both making 500 rwhp, one FI and the other N/A. Which will last longer and be more reliable.
i.e for my engine (LS1), I can either get a H/C set up to make 500 rwhp or get a Prochargerto make 500 rwhp. I want to know which would last longer and be more reliable.

depends on a lot of things.

are you talking about a Forced induction 4cyl with 500whp or a naturally aspirated 8 cyl? they're two different animals. getting 500whp out of an 8 cyl isn't really a huge task compared to an engine with a lesser displacement/cylinders etc...

masked drifter said:
I want to compare 2 of the SAME engines both making 500 rwhp, one FI and the other N/A. Which will last longer and be more reliable.
i.e for my engine (LS1), I can either get a H/C set up to make 500 rwhp or get a Prochargerto make 500 rwhp. I want to know which would last longer and be more reliable.

go N/A man...from my experience with the Camaro, any s/c set-up will run u close to $1k. For that same $, you can build an N/A close to 600 RWHP.

masked drifter said:

and about your question, I would say that the supercharger would probably be more efficient than the NA setup, because to make 500whp NA with a high comp, you're going to need to run some serious octane. Plus with NA, options to increase or decrease hp easily are limited, opposed to the S/C it could be as easy as changing a pulley.

I'd like to have an N/A 500 rwhp LS1 but I don't know if it'd be more reliable than a Procharged LS1 also making 500 rwhp.

Last edited:
jdmnismo300 said:
i think id be in heaven at 500hp and for a domestic 500hp is like 350hp to us (s-chasis)
Very true.

My 290 hp car eats Mustang cobra's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I would go with an super charged LS1. It would open up soo many more power options, and open up tons more hp if you want to go over 500

Honestly I would ask a domestic forum.. I don't think many people on here have lots of experiance with 500whp LS1's.

The only LS1 I ever messed with was one in the junkyard I was taking coil packs off of. :bigthumbu

well our AMG engines are 5.5L (M113 EVO) with a supercharger and they make about 493 to the crank, ehh its a mercedes so say what you will about reliability, but the new 6.2L N/A AMG V8 (M156) makes around 510 to the crank, but they don't feel as fast as the old M113. Its not that its much difference in weight or HP its the torque that is added by forced induction that is the fun part.

If you can achieve the same power output from both an NA engine and a forced induction engine, the NA alternative will always be the higher performer. Unfortunately, high power NA is usually very expensive.

I would rather have 500 horsepower naturally aspirated then rely on a power adder.

The unless you can gain a usable power band with a power adder, super charger\ turbo. And it would be advantageous to you. I would always go with naturally aspirated power over forced induction if both are practical options.

Back
Top Bottom