Florida Drifts Presents OSW Drift Practice 2!! January 21st.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:05 am Post subject: Florida Drift Presents OSW Drift Practice 2!! January 21st.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When: Saturday January 21st 2006
Where: Orlando SpeedWorld Oval
Time: 7:00am entry and tech / Drift goes from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Price: $73.00 to drive / $8 to spectate / $15 to ride along(18 or older only)
Driver seats available: 30

Orlando SpeedWorld is located
between SR 50 and SR 520 in Bithlo, Florida.
19164 E. Colonial Dr. (Hwy 50)
Orlando, Fla. 32833

This is a FUND RAISER all proceeds made from spectating will be put into a fund for repaving the track.

When driving down the dirt road to the track DO NOT FISH TAIL, DO DONUTS, or any thing else to disturb the surface of the road. IF you do you will be asked to leave. And if your a driver you will not get a refund.

PreReg Now!!! Not tomorrow Right now at paypal to Robd@Shift-Lock.com

Sponsored By: Orlando SpeedWorld / Shift-LocK.com / Floridadrift.com /
/ RZ Motoring / Forge Motorsport / Enjuku Racing / Speed Zone / FloridaRacing.org / My Culture / other sponsorships pending approval.

If you would like to sponsor this event please contact me directly at robd@shift-lock.com or call me at 321-356-4577

OK this is the second event in a series of OSW events we plan to bring you. Travis and I have been working hard to make these events happen and with the past event we just had, everyone seemed extremely happy and we'd like to think we can do maybe 1 a month so you can all get your slide on. So yes we have it for you again!!!! We have about 5 weeks to fill the 30 driver seat and prepare for this event so get on top it.

The track will be an open track setup we are going for a very casual drift day. No real course will be outlined. You drive the line you wish to practice. However If you are driving outside your abilities we will black Flag you pull you off the track slash your tires(kidding) and then you will be confined to the lower portion of the track. This event will cater to both novices and more advanced drivers, but safety is our first concern. For the advanced drivers who wish to DRIFT the banked oval you have to prove yourself first on the lower part of the track till we give you the go ahead to drift the bank. Any driver who hits the wall will be black flagged and will have to go back through tech before they can continue to drive again. We don't want any incidents and there really is no reason for any to happen as long as we all drive within our abilities.

Drivers list As of 1/09/06 - Full
1. Sean Olsen - rocking the s12!!!!
2. Matthew Lowe (opie) - s14
3. joshua maldonado - J-mal
4. Kris Hundredmark
5. Michael Requeny aka Whorex
6. Stephen Dixon
7. Jason Jiovani
8. IVAN
9. VANG
10. MILES
11. MIKE RAMOS
12. MIKE GIACOVED
13. louis hernandez - sr20 s13 -
14. jonathan murphy - 94 DOdge Viper -Thats RIght *****es
15. Phil Scarlata (ONE80ESSEX)
16. Piner
17. Mendoza
18. Mike Haluska - corolla -
19. STEVE YOUNKIN...A.K.A-SCUBA STEVE
20. Rick Tavares
21. Mike Ayes Peralta
22. Sam Lau
23. Michael Chambless
24. Jose Tejada
25. Paul Fryburg
26. Ryan Kaufman
27. Casey Higgins
28. Hachi Bill
29. JEROME DAVIDSON
30. Shant Karakouzian

Last edited:
It's great seeing more events coming up, once a month would be great for many people. I have one question, anyone who knows can answer it. I would like to know if the infield will be repaved(simliar to the Irwindale track in California)? If so that would be awesome, you could customize track layouts.

we are only trying to go 4 feet on each side of the x and round off the corners they didnt like the idea of the whole infield due to drainage issues!

NOOOOOO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEE can you move it forward a week! my sisters wedding is on the 21st and she would litterally kill me if I missed it for a drift event... PLEASEEEEEEE I'm serious i'll paypal right this minute if it is either a week before or a week after! I don't think I can go another two months without sliding my car lol

Last edited:
93180sxredtop said:
we are only trying to go 4 feet on each side of the x and round off the corners they didnt like the idea of the whole infield due to drainage issues!

Yeah that sounds reasonable, seeing how it rains so much here compared to California. Thanks for answering my question by the way. Like I said before a monthly event will help the skill level in Florida rise quickly, which would be great to see.

O man. I got to call my windsheild guy to fix my windsheild ASAP. Im down for sure!

going to a junkyard tomorow and will work my *** off to be ready for thisone!!
(i crashed the 86 today...lightly, but still...hurts me more)

Looks like this will be fun!....hmm, no reg's...just free drifting.......my 240SX should be on the track for this wun!

J

Three5oZee said:
Looks like this will be fun!....hmm, no reg's...just free drifting.......my 240SX should be on the track for this wun!

Price: $73.00 to drive / $8 to spectate / 15 to ride along

Um are you sure, Did you read this part?

suaknee said:
Price: $73.00 to drive / $8 to spectate / 15 to ride along

Um are you sure, Did you read this part?

I'm pretty sure that by "free drifting" he meant drifting with no rules.... go in the track and be free to do w/e you wish.

I'm driving Sean's S12 also i just gotta send Rob the money order and i'll be set to go

Back
Top Bottom