Flooding in my neighborhood....

228440_10100475998772048_1480448256_n.jpg

No car isn't fucked... the electronics got saturated and the car died in 2-3 feet of water. The roads are too small to turn around in one shot with the possibility of putting the car into a ditch so I was committed to either stopping or moving forward.

A neighbor pulled the car the rest of the way to my house as I didn't want to start it in the water like that and risk serious damage.

I vacuumed the bulk of the water out of the interior last night (it was up to the dash board). The engine fired up this morning but I think the plugs are fouled and a little water got in the tank. All in all I think the damage is minor if any, maybe some electrical work and it should be okay. We'll see after I do a tune up on it in the next couple of days when I think it will; be safe to venture out of my house again without a truck. I'll put up some pictures from around my house later today.

Oh and I live in Loxahatchee.

Last edited:
Holy crap dude! Really blows man but I saw worst shit happen to other people in wellington on facebook. I'm glad it didn't just float away. Your IS will obviously need a lot of tender loving care but it's nothing irreversible. I wasn't aware you stayed in Lox. I work a fuck ton but if you need help with your car lmk!

Also, I've personally witnessed an IS300 fly into a canal and catch on fire (both on separate occasions) and still drives to this date. These things are tanks. GL dude!

This reminds me of a video I saw of some dude in gulfport during katrina.

Sorry to hear about the car, Remind me not to buy an IS300 from you in the future, lmao.

Also, I've personally witnessed an IS300 fly into a canal and catch on fire (both on separate occasions) and still drives to this date. These things are tanks. GL dude!

Add that it was also filled with water up to the seats like this car due to Isaac yesterday.

Jimmy met up with me for lunch today, in the IS.

flood3.jpg

i tried making it to my buddies shop and water got up my open headers and stalled my car. needless to say pushing it wasnt fun
flood1.jpg

flood2.jpg

once i pushed it out it started up fine. i should of raised my coils so i didnt fuck with my interior :(

Damn my aunt lives out there near the "cancer cluster" and her whole yard was a lake. Sorry this happened rich. Hope everything gets back to normal!

flood3.jpg

i tried making it to my buddies shop and water got up my open headers and stalled my car. needless to say pushing it wasnt fun
flood1.jpg

flood2.jpg

once i pushed it out it started up fine. i should of raised my coils so i didnt fuck with my interior :(

When people tell you that you drive a boat, they meant that figuratively, not literally.

My car had about 5 inches of water in it yesterday and all I did was unplug those caps under the carpet and yank the carpet out and sent it to the dry cleaners!! Car ran fine and when I first started it it shot about a gallon of water out of the exhaust. Driving around a fully gutted IS with a/c and a seat is kinda awesome

And it's caught on fire and when in a swamp! They are indestructible my friend.... I'll post pics later

Back
Top Bottom