Feeler: race/drift alignments

Tonymac

P I Z Z A
Driver
How many of you guys would be interested in getting a quality race/drift alignment?

How much would you be willing to pay for this service?

Anyone interested in corner weighing too?

I ask b/c there's a void in the market. I have gone to TK's and Good Roads - they "align" the car but the guys working the machines are bobo alignment techs and really don't know much about racing/drifting. They see it reads green on their machine and to them its "aligned." If you go to a race shop, you'll pay $100 just to get the car setup on the equipment and around $90 /hr or more after. When its all said and done, like $300+ but its a precision alignment no doubt and done to your specs exactly. Corner balancing costs an arm and a leg too.

i do my own alignments and its usually on point or close enough but id pay like 100-150 for a perfect alignment

i am good friends with the tech at my tire kingdom and he knows what hes doing

i tell him the exact specs i want it at and he puts everything right on spot

and its freee toooo! =D

ok these are the kind of responses I wanted to see...if people here are satisfied with the services they've been getting or if you guys wanted more. Guess most of you are happy! Thx for the input.

It would definitely not be cheaper than say, TK. It would be more accurate.

Last edited:
yeah I have always wanted to open an chassis/ suspension/ alingment/ tire shop
you know buy your shocks springs tires and get it aligned in the same place. Thats always been on the back burner in my head.

good roads align to what i give them, and corner weight scales are on the way:bigthumbu

Well I have gone 3 times and they have not once gotten it to spec. They see green and think its good. Also their alignment guy tried to tell me that camber destroys tires. That killed credibility for me. I have all 3 print-outs of my alignments and the piece of paper with my specs written on it. They're barely in the ball-park, uneven from left to right, and just plain sloppy. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with volume and the way they try to move cars. I would not trust any of them to corner weigh my car.

yeah I have always wanted to open an chassis/ suspension/ alingment/ tire shop
you know buy your shocks springs tires and get it aligned in the same place. Thats always been on the back burner in my head.

True. I have had alignments done by race shops/teams in the past so I definitely know the difference it makes. I don't think most people here understand exactly what I'd be offering but w/e. Its something I'd thought would be cool to do on the side and owning my own alignment equipment would be the shit.

Last edited:
Sweet. I was thinking if that people wanted a service like this, I would get scales in the future if there were interest for that too. The alignment gear would cost me abt $1500 but if there's no interest, there's no point haha!

Yeah I was thinking of doing the same thing. I actually enjoyed doing alignments at mercedes. I loved doing it and nobody else there did. i did my own alignment on my car at the dealership made a huge difference, the car was setup for maximum understeer before I aligned it. Like max toe in on the rear like .3* of toe in on the front 0* camber I was like WTF no wonder it pushed so hard. I put the front toe to 0.025* and set the rear to 0.20* and -2.5 camber huge difference car actually did what I wanted it to do. I still need to fidle with it a bit more but yeah

hell yeah man, good shit. i wish i had access to a rack myself although the equipment i want would provide a more precise alignment.

Back
Top Bottom