Fast Lane Daily Compares Formula 1 to Formula D

Wrecked Magazine

formula1.monaco.jpg

While I have no idea where this comparsion came from or how it even all makes sense I must say that Fast Lane Daily put some humor in my day with this comparison on Snapshot. Here are 10 ways Formula 1 and Formula D are the same sport. Please keep in mind the views/thoughts expressed here of from Fast Lane Daily and not us.
10. The Dominant Teams Win
jensonbutton.jpg

Button and Brawn in Formula 1 and the entire Falken Drift Team sweeping the New Jersey podium.
9. Stiff chassis setups that don’t work anymore
lewishamilton.jpg

Old school drifters use to setup their car with a big spring and a big bar stiff but that is no longer considered the best way to drift. McLaren is also running a stiff chassis giving Lewis Hamilton time to catch up on his rest, reading, and twittering his PussyCat Dolls girlfriend during qualifying sessions two and three.
8. Compliant chassis setups do work
chrisforsberg.jpg

New school drifters tune their car for weight transfer and suspension movement to keep all four tires working. Brawn GP in Turkey proves that their design again is the best.
7. Tail Happy Cornering
renault.jpg

Drifters get there car swinging side to side to negoiate the drift course for speed, style, and crowd appeal. Alonoso, Massa, and Kimi have developed the same kind of style with their bad handling Renault and Ferrari’s but without the speed, style, or crowd love.
6. Clutch Kicking
rubensbarrichello.jpg

This is a technique used to get a car into a drift. In Formula 1 it is the apparent method Rubens Barrichello is using to badly start races.
5. The Grid Girls
falkengirls.jpg

4. Scrap the car and the car scraps
mclarenf1scraps.jpg

Lewis Hamilton has said he wished McLaren had scraped the 09 design more than a few races ago. In drifting more than a few cars look like they were assembled from the scraps of other cars.
3. Big Toyota budgets yeild limited results
formula1.toyota.jpg

In drifting Toyota spends big for rear wheel drive Scion’s and Lexus race cars but no success. In Formula 1 I standby my position that Toyota will never win a championship let along a race.
2. Locking differentials to get the cars to work
fordracing.lsd

Drifters depend on limited slip or fully locked difs to rotate the car and hold the drift. In Formula 1 adjustable limited slip differentials help the cars on corner entry rotation.
1. It’s not really racing
finishline.jpg

Drifting is like some automotive blaze of glory with juding and style points and the finish line is just a waste of paint. There is no racing in drifting, it is a dogshow on wheels and there is no racing in Formula 1 either. They never pass on the track. No matter how much faster they get these cars it prevents them from getting close, passing, and racing.
Source: http://www.vodcars.com/fastlanedaily/episode/fld_20090611

More...

you guys dont get it?
They're comparing the worlds greatest form of motorsports to the joke of motorsports. They're saying that Formula 1 is suckin mad dick this year and they're trying to make fun of it by comparing it to drifting.

The 09 F1 season is a complete joke. Its all about money. All the big teams are getting mad because they havent won a race in like ummm... a couple of months? lol. Now they wanna start their own series haha that goes to show what racing has become. There is no more competition, if they cant win they just leave :confused:
I wish we we're back in the 70s and 80s again

If you guys want to see racing watch MOTO GP!! There is now a 3 way tie for 1st in points, in ANY sport how many times do you see that? Last year was an AWESOME race at laguna Seca but last race at CATALUNYA topped it, last 3 laps was just so intense.
GO ROSSI!!! Hayden will be back next season!!!

What you mean? This season is pretty intense.

everybody knows the only reason button is doing anything is the car, his skills don't match half of the drivers in the field, and his history for the past ten years has proven that. rubens barrichello is lame for excepting second place over and over (michael schmaucher lubed him for that). good job today for redbull, vettel has major balls. i just think if the best last year (hamilton) can't even score, there is apparently a large difference in chassis and motor.

Back
Top Bottom