Engine shipping

al0389

LIMA!!!
Driver
I'm in the process of trying to buy a swap from someone down in Texas. I'm looking up shipping quotes, and they are ridiculous for freight services. Has anyone ever shipped engines across the nation before? Would anyone in a business be willing to receive the delivery for me, and hand it over to help me keep my costs low. I understand residential shipping quotes are the equivalent to bending over and taking a stiff one. Twice...

If anyone has done this before, please list good, reasonable places and/or how you went through with it.

For general purposes, it's a full ecotec swap, engine/trans. I would try to have them keep it to a single pallet and it would be (I'm guessing) 400lbs. From Austin, Tx to 33029.

I have a commercial address in west palm that I don't mind you delivering it to though its pretty far from you. But I don't have any help past that. I have medical stuff delivered that is about the size and weight of a motor and usually cost me about $700-1200 I know they use frieghtquote.com or something like that

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I have a forklift which might help with price if you don't need a lift gate

Try going through a broker and see if you can pick it up at thr shipping dock. I ship and recieve pallets 2+ tons everyday and dont pay more than $3-400 I would help if you wrre oocal but enjoy the fucking if you cant get some help because it is rough

Thanks guys. I was searching through some archives in some other forums and read that uship.com was a good service. Apparently, you post an "auction" and freight carriers will bid on what shipping will cost. They use that uship.com to fill empty space on trucks already traveling to the same place to make extra money.

Best bid so far is 525 with residential pick up and drop off.

Company profiles also have a reputation and rating system like eBay, so you can see how reputable they are.

Back
Top Bottom