Engine and tranny sit crooked, wtf?

thats what im saying, im not talking it sitting lobsided, im takling about it sits crooked

and ben, not literally at the tire dumbass

it sounds like u put on the tranny crossmember in wrong. Try taking it off and flipping it the other way.:bigthumbu

it sounds like u put on the tranny crossmember in wrong. Try taking it off and flipping it the other way.:bigthumbu

yeah that seems to make sense, im gonna try that tomorrow and see how that goes. thanks!

lol...show pics mang so we can help u...

if flipping the cross member doesnt work, then i will take pictures from the shifter hole so you guys can see what i mean by crooked.

ok so i was in the process of taking off the bolts till i realized, i dont have a jack tall enough to push my tranny up, or a friend to help me do that while i put the bolts in, so instead i just took a picture to show which way the cross member is bolted
000_3619.jpg

to the right is the front of the car and to the left is the back in that picture. Is this the right way or is it on backwards?

also heres the picture showing what i mean by crooked
000_3621.jpg

its not that extreme but theres no way in hell i would bolt up my driveshaft to that and drive the car like that

Last edited:
damn brother idk take a couple more pics of the tranny mount from under, and take pics of the motor mounts

what exactly do you need to see from the tranny mount? Im pretty sure it only goes on one way, and im pretty sure its on the right way

and i cant really get pics of the motor mounts, but on another forum i had read that they are the same on both sides, so im kinda lost here on what the issue would be making this shit sit crooked like that

Are you serious. That looks fine. What do you mean you wouldn't put a driveshaft up to it and drive it like that, don't you that's what U-joints are for, driveshafts are meant to have a little angle anyway, thats nothing.

idk, ive seen trannys through shifter holes before and theyve always been straight, not crooked like that.

and if thats what the U joint is for, how am i supposed to bolt up a solid 1 piece driveshaft like that?

Driving it like that seems like it would just be asking for a lot of wear on my driveline and replacing more parts than neccesary

Last edited:
u no make sense, one piece driveshafts still have 2 u joints, one on each end just like a stock one

thats true, brain fart

but either way, the driveline isnt meant to be crooked like that, its supposed to be straight and if im gonna be beating the shit out of the car day after day i dont want to worry about issues that would be avoided if i just straightened it and did it the right way

THATS FUCKING STRAIGHT DUDE. The driveline IS meant to have a crook in it, and yours just has not even an inch extra to the right, that is literally nothing at all to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom