Electricity...alternator.

liljon285

I have a system in my 240, and it seems everytime i blast it the Alternators belt slips. So i was told the easiest and cheapest thing to do is add another battery, which i will do, but also the BEST thing is adding a better alternator. So i looked for one to see how much they are, and i cant find any, just oem. Anybody know a place I can find one, or how much cash it is for one?

I have a system in my 240, and it seems everytime i blast it the Alternators belt slips. So i was told the easiest and cheapest thing to do is add another battery, which i will do, but also the BEST thing is adding a better alternator. So i looked for one to see how much they are, and i cant find any, just oem. Anybody know a place I can find one, or how much cash it is for one?

Need more info:
How many amps?
How many Watts per amp?
What gauge wire is run to the battery?

Before you do anything buy an Optima Red Top. Your belt shouldn't slip no matter what. If it is slipping it is either loose or alternator islocking up(needs to be replaced). If you run an optima and still experience the same problem(I'm guessing your lights dim and such) buy a Capacitor. 1 Fared per 1000w.

1 820 watts amp
4 gauge wire is being ran
I was told just putting a second battery would do fine. I can get used Optima's for like $60 so i guess ill get one of those before i do anything stupid.

Get an Optima. See if it solves your problem. as far as a second battery a capacitor is doing the same basic function, holding a charge and discharging when the bass hits. Plus they are smaller, lighter and cheaper then another battery. You will only need a couple more feet of 12v+ and Ground to hook it up as it stays near the amp/box.

if you do a serch (i dont remeber where i found it) there is a way to put the nissan quest alternator on our KA's and they produce more power. either way that whole belt sliping when you get low is crazy talk.

Back
Top Bottom