****Effective immediatly for the Homestead/FARA DEMO'S*****

I posted the last thread because I've been a little disappointed with the state of drifting here in Florida so I needed to vent. However, I want to show all of you that I'm not just talking without taking any action. Today I sat down with Homestead and Fara and had a long talk about where we are going with this venue and what we can do to better things. I don't want to get into details, but there was a lot of positives and negatives. I got a lot of really good feedback from both groups and they are willing to help us grow as long as we show them interest and professionalism. Because of this, I'm going to implement some new rules and regulations for the FARA demos. Along with those rules however, I will be adding incentives for ProAm drifters to want to participate and be professional.

1) ProAm drivers that meet requirements for Homestead will pay a $100 registration fee to secure their spot by set deadline or they will not participate on the demo. This $100 will be refunded after the completion of the demo. If the driver does not attend or does not show, there will be a $50 cancelation fee that will go towards future competitions. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Basically, show up on time and ready to go.

2) FARA will provide Tech Sheets for drivers (Which is an incentive if you are interested in participating in the Mishimoto sponsorships) This means that tech will be a little stricter, but it will mostly be a guideline to ensure that vehicles meet all safety requirements and to help you improve both car and presentation.

Basically you get your Tech Sheet for the Mishimoto sponsorship and you get an idea of what tech at real events will be like. No more McDonalds cups in the back and zipties holding shit together or cracked windshields. You wouldn't show up to an interview looking like crap and expect to get a job, so don't do it at the track.

3) Media will be limited to six passes and will be required to register before deadline. Media members will be expected to provide a 5-10 picture portfolio by event deadline and will enter an agreement to present a minimum of 30 usable pictures of the event within 1 week of event date.

Basically, If you get a media pass, you are expected to act as a member of the media. Usable pictures does not include hot girl pictures, but they might be considered by a special panel.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know, also, in the other thread, I'm going to explain a couple of incentives that will make this changes worth it for everyone. Thank you and please voice your thoughts.

Moe.

Ok, so I spoke with Homestead and Fara, and for the next event, we are going to have some good things going. Fara is very pleased with what we do, however just like we have been saying, they don't take us too serious because we don't show ourselves to be serious. However, they recognize the potential for growth and are willing to help out. Obviously they expect us to show professionalism and dedication, and so far we all agree that's needed. We voiced the concerns of the community and they listened. This changes will be specifically for the next FARA event on April 18 but might become permanent depending on turn out and presentation.

1) FARA Has allowed us to have our own announcer. Which will be picked by yours truly. If you are interested in this position please contact me through PM or call me and I will add you to the list of possibles. We will have tryouts at the P.R.S. Flea Market this Sunday and then again next Sunday. Tryouts will consist of a 30 second announcing of a drift event of my choosing that will be recorded and posted in video form for a poll here on SFLDrifters.

2)FARA Will be providing Tech Sheets for ProAm drivers so that you can participate on the mishimoto sponsorships.

3)The President of FARA Tico Almeida has tentatively agreed to go in a ride along with a selected driver for his first time in a drift car in order to show their interest and support.

4)FARA has provided an opportunity to receive a Road Racing License to 5 drivers. What this means is that Registered and Teched ProAm drivers participating April 18 will be judged by a group of individuals. Some of the criteria includes skill, angle, speed and also presentation. The drivers that succesfully meet this criteria will receive a free Road Racing Class and depending on that will be awarded a FARA license.

5)FARA will be a little more friendly towards media, but will be expecting more professionalism. Media members will enter an agreement to provide a certain amount of photographs from events, but will have better exposition trough the FARA site.

I may have a couple more things but I'm falling asleep so I'll post tomorrow, I do hope this is motivation for everyone.

2nd left at county line the April 18th... maybe this should be another concern to keep in mind for organizers, dont COCK-BLOCK each others events please! cause it makes it pretty hard for drivers to chose which 1 and also to plan out for... not to mention tire issue.

I posted the last thread because I've been a little disappointed with the state of drifting here in Florida so I needed to vent. However, I want to show all of you that I'm not just talking without taking any action. Today I sat down with Homestead and Fara and had a long talk about where we are going with this venue and what we can do to better things. I don't want to get into details, but there was a lot of positives and negatives. I got a lot of really good feedback from both groups and they are willing to help us grow as long as we show them interest and professionalism. Because of this, I'm going to implement some new rules and regulations for the FARA demos. Along with those rules however, I will be adding incentives for ProAm drifters to want to participate and be professional.

1) ProAm drivers that meet requirements for Homestead will pay a $100 registration fee to secure their spot by set deadline or they will not participate on the demo. This $100 will be refunded after the completion of the demo. If the driver does not attend or does not show, there will be a $50 cancelation fee that will go towards future competitions. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Basically, show up on time and ready to go.

2) FARA will provide Tech Sheets for drivers (Which is an incentive if you are interested in participating in the Mishimoto sponsorships) This means that tech will be a little stricter, but it will mostly be a guideline to ensure that vehicles meet all safety requirements and to help you improve both car and presentation.

Basically you get your Tech Sheet for the Mishimoto sponsorship and you get an idea of what tech at real events will be like. No more McDonalds cups in the back and zipties holding shit together or cracked windshields. You wouldn't show up to an interview looking like crap and expect to get a job, so don't do it at the track.

3) Media will be limited to six passes and will be required to register before deadline. Media members will be expected to provide a 5-10 picture portfolio by event deadline and will enter an agreement to present a minimum of 30 usable pictures of the event within 1 week of event date.

Basically, If you get a media pass, you are expected to act as a member of the media. Usable pictures does not include hot girl pictures, but they might be considered by a special panel.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know, also, in the other thread, I'm going to explain a couple of incentives that will make this changes worth it for everyone. Thank you and please voice your thoughts.

Moe.
about time you did something!!!

btw: i sent you pmed!

Also no favoritism! that would help the sport to have more drivers! ;)

Last edited:
2nd left at county line the April 18th... maybe this should be another concern to keep in mind for organizers, dont COCK-BLOCK each others events please! cause it makes it pretty hard for drivers to chose which 1 and also to plan out for... not to mention tire issue.

FARA is on its own seperate thing and having a DEMO, its not a 'drift event'.
Not every driver is going to need to goto a demo, so the 5 or so go DEMO, the other crowd go drives countyline. I would hope the FARA demo crowd is not fully comprised of drifters that arent driving the demo.

This is a choice you as 'selected eligible driver' have to make. Countyline, while fun, versus driving on a real road course should be an easy decision. Let alone, someone is going to get to give the president a ride. Maybe in the future months he will meet someone that has a connection to a company looking to sponsor drift drivers... who's name you think he will remember?

These steps are a good start, I think this kind of black and white, clear cut rules is how events need to be run.

*Moe, are the $100 deposits PayPal? or accepting cash if its a local driver?
Too bad April 17th is NorthCarolina StreetWise Round2 or I'd be able to finally come down- that road racing class/chance for a license sounds awesome!

Sounds like an awesome start to straightening things out Moe!

I wish I could drift the homestead event to show my support but I wouldnt be anywhere near good enough to participate by then. Hopefully future events I will be good enough to be picked to help out with the demo's.

Not every driver is going to need to goto a demo, so the 5 or so go DEMO, the other crowd go drives countyline. I would hope the FARA demo crowd is not fully comprised of drifters that arent driving the demo.
I agree, let the really good drivers drive the demo and anyone who wants to drive that isnt good enough or noobs like me lol drive countyline.
We didnt schedule countyline on the 18th on purpose the track owner changed the date and then told us its the only date we can get. I don't think Tim knew about the homestead event anyway hes been busy with other stuff hes never on these forums me & ben change his posts for him.
Sorry again

This is a choice you as 'selected eligible driver' have to make. Countyline, while fun, versus driving on a real road course should be an easy decision. Let alone, someone is going to get to give the president a ride. Maybe in the future months he will meet someone that has a connection to a company looking to sponsor drift drivers... who's name you think he will remember?

bro I guess you haven't been reading the other rants, eligible driver or not, you also want media no matter what event, so pulling media from one event to do another is weak... and I say this cause we've had very little media lately.

also some drivers here are in private teams and not all of them are advanced drivers so then the team splits to go to 2 events? not likely.

part of the crowd that support the advanced drivers are the beginner drivers and friends, so how much crowd you think your gonna have at homestead if all the none eligible driver and friends will be at county line drifting?... and I say this because the last time I drifted at Homestead we also had a skid pad event the same day and we only had a the drivers girlfriend and 2 friends on the stands at homestead cause the rest of the drift community was drifting at the skid pad... SKID PAD... not even the big course, so you tell me...

sponsor only want to know what kind exposure u can do for them, and if all you got is a weak crowd wen you have talented drivers in a major race track... what kind of sponsorships you think they would want to give out... or even would they want to invest in the sport of drifting, again u tell me bro... you and me along with other drivers been there and then some...

i agree with juan these events should be on two seperate days. how do you expect a big turnout for a 1 hour demo when they can go to countyline and watch drifting all day? and theres a chance of spectators being able to get ride alongs. then theres also the issue of media unless you have media status and are able to go in between the fences your shooting from a far distance, and through a fence which is throwing off focus. even though countyline isnt a real course there is alot more potential for good shots, and alot more people to shoot.

In this case, FARA's Date was posted way before then Countyline changed the date which is why there's a big pink letter post saying Date Change. It's an unfortunate setback, but it doesn't need to be dramatized to such an extent. We got enough people in this forum to fill up both events and if you have been reading the rants and raves, then most people seem to be very optimistic about making things better. So why would we take 10 steps back to turn a thread into a novela? Tim doesn't control the dates for countyline and Moe doesn't control FARA.

Someone will get the opportunity to announce for drifting at countyline
Someone will get to give the president of FARA a ride-along
Someone will get a free Road Racing Class
Someone will get an opportunity to receive a FARA license

If you are interested you go to Homestead, if you are not, then you go to Countyline! It's not a competition! If anything it shows that drifting is not just a fad. There's two big events going on in one day and people have a choice of what they want to see!

Last edited:
In this case, FARA's Date was posted way before then Countyline changed the date which is why there's a big pink letter post saying Date Change. It's an unfortunate setback, but it doesn't need to be dramatized to such an extent. We got enough people in this forum to fill up both events and if you have been reading the rants and raves, then most people seem to be very optimistic about making things better. So why would we take 10 steps back to turn a thread into a novela? Tim doesn't control the dates for countyline and Moe doesn't control FARA.

Someone will get the opportunity to announce for drifting at countyline
Someone will get to give the president of FARA a ride-along
Someone will get a free Road Racing Class
Someone will get an opportunity to receive a FARA license

If you are interested you go to Homestead, if you are not, then you go to Countyline! It's not a competition! If anything it shows that drifting is not just a fad. There's two big events going on in one day and people have a choice of what they want to see!

good point.......jus go have fun peeps....do what your funds/car/distance aspect will let u....

In this case, FARA's Date was posted way before then Countyline changed the date which is why there's a big pink letter post saying Date Change. It's an unfortunate setback, but it doesn't need to be dramatized to such an extent.

For real.

Back
Top Bottom