ECU Tune

Phil @ Aero K

AK's V.P.
Driver
I vant to get a custom ECU tune instead of going with an SAFC, idk my reasons its just i feel that an ECU tune is more solid and more reliable than a SAFC. And i was wondering who to go through to get it tuned. Im only going for 275 hp with a T28, 370's, Z32 maf, fuel pump, 3 inch exhaust and a front mount at 12 lbs. Nothing crazy. Does anyone have any experience with a certain company like JWT blah blah blah. Let me know

EFI Specialties +1million just got my ecu tuned by them!!! all i can say is holy shit!!! i drove my car straight plug and play started up first try slammed second gear wideband reat 11.5 at WOT all the way to 8k it was amazing full tune not just fuel curve but also ignition!!! fuck ing best only cost $305(cheaper than a new safc) and turn around time is only 5 days also comes with a 30day money back guarntee!!!(spell) tobad im selling my setup because this shit pulled like a mother fucker(425hp) do it phill rom tune!! safc is just a band-aid tune and cost motors to fail!!!! rom-tune period!!!

Vince (Nunook here on SFL). He worked on my MegaSquirt and the car's been running strong ever since. No problems whatsoever!!

Give him a call and see whats up... he does awsome prices.

kwkouki said:
ive offered nunook money 4 times and he has yet to get ahold of me.
and he works and you live quite the distance from him...remember he does this on his spare time...

+1 for vince, i have seen his work and its like magic.

drftns14 said:
EFI Specialties +1million just got my ecu tuned by them!!! all i can say is holy shit!!! i drove my car straight plug and play started up first try slammed second gear wideband reat 11.5 at WOT all the way to 8k it was amazing full tune not just fuel curve but also ignition!!! fuck ing best only cost $305(cheaper than a new safc) and turn around time is only 5 days also comes with a 30day money back guarntee!!!(spell) tobad im selling my setup because this shit pulled like a mother fucker(425hp) do it phill rom tune!! safc is just a band-aid tune and cost motors to fail!!!! rom-tune period!!!

haha thats hilarious, i can actually picture you saying all this lol..but yea thanks ill prolly go through them then, i knew you were going to go get an ECU from them so i wanna to see how it was.

do you think i should get bigger injectors or keep the stock 370's for my setup that i want?

haha, phil just drive up to tampa and have martin at XAT set you up with a rom tune.

haha you could have them drop in a gt35r with your z32 mafs and do this...
DSC00362.jpg

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b80ce848-b18b-4ff9-a179-988c000a4063.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a351a7f3-a40f-4d45-9ade-988c000cb44c.htm

but no really complete drive ability with the rom tune ^^this guy drives this thing everywhere, they call it the punisher lays the smack down on 1000cc and busa's.

Fuck that EFI specialties BS. They are not a real tuning facility. Listen to jtmroczk and go to XAT. And yeah, get bigger injectors.

anyone know how much XAT wil charge for a ROM tune? and thats a lot of power justin, i dont need that much, and dont wanna spend that much

kwkouki said:
ive offered nunook money 4 times and he has yet to get ahold of me.

you did????? when did this happen?

PS I suggest the 550cc. that way ur injector timing stays lower and u can up the boost later on :)

Last edited:
Phil @ Aero K said:
anyone know how much XAT wil charge for a ROM tune? and thats a lot of power justin, i dont need that much, and dont wanna spend that much

yeah, adding a gt35 was just a joke.

$650 for hardware and Martin's ridiculous expertise(haha, at the price of his manors)

ROM tuning is a little more expensive than picking up a AVC NEO and trying to do it your self but retuning is only $120 if and when you up grade, and Martin can do a hell of alot more than adjust your injector dutty cycle at 500rpm increments over a 7000rpm range.

I've seen cars shipped down from as far as Michigan to be ROM tuned at XAT.

http://www.xatracing.com/dynotuning.htm

Last edited:
Martin tuned my Power FC. Car pulled like a mother fucker - he actually backed off on timing and added a bit of extra fuel to keep it safer during drift conditions (per my request).

I ran an enthalpy tune after that. It was definitely the faster of the two tunes but I felt safer with martin's tune. I'm sure enthalpy can richen the mixture up a bit if asked however (that's why I suggest him over efi specialties).

Back
Top Bottom