ECU engine knock code 44 only in 5th gear

Drift4Life

Clutch_Kick_Addict
Driver
my engine light continues to come on and when i read the code it says i have an engine knock. but i have gone drifting 3 times already and when i reset my ecu before the event it never goes on the entire time im drifting. the only time i ever see it go on is if i am on the highway in 5th gear. sometimes i pull of the highway and when i stop at the light the light will go on when my car isnt even moving but only if i was just on the highway before. what does 5th gear have to do with this? is it just a bad sensor? and if it is an engine knock than how much money am i looking into spending to fix it? i cant hear anything when the light goes on. the engine is in good condition with only 100 thousand miles on it and i run high revs all the time at the track and never go above 3000-4000 revs on the road.

sorry im new to drifting. i dont know how it works. im only 16 and this is my first car so i need help learning about this stuff. any REAL advice?

Try checking the knock sensor first. It's down between the intake manifold runners... If its cracked or dry rotted it could throw a code... Just keep riding it till it blows.

Back
Top Bottom