dry iceing techniques

PlatanoDrifter

Authorized Drifter
Driver
Please those of you who have done this post up techniques, how long to keep ice in same spot, do u crush it to many little pieses or keep as one big whole.. i tried this once to no avail so please those of you who have done this with success post pics if you got them and details for those of us who have never done it before :bigthumbu

Damn...a few days earlier and I could of gotten some pictures when we were doing manny's corolla! Its very simple, if you cant dry ice successfully then you have mental issues!

KDMTyte said:
Damn...a few days earlier and I could of gotten some pictures when we were doing manny's corolla! Its very simple, if you cant dry ice successfully then you have mental issues!

lol well i was trying it by the firewall and some parts came off simply and some were practically part of the floor just wouldnt come off i havnt tried on the rest of the car it was just the one time i was doing the RHD conversion i just wanted to see if i did something wrong :bigthumbu

put a big piece on any big part of the deadening and hit the ice with a hammer... you dont want dust just a lot of chunks spread out. Let it sit and then hammer and chissel the stuff. You can keep pushing the ice around too from one area to the next (use gloves for that... duh).

Its not a hard thing to do just time consuming if you don't want to leave scratches or dents under the sound deadening material(too lazy to paint the interior). I did it before, just takes time. The only places that are kind of a pain are the the sides on a bump. For example the tranny tunnel bump, the sides sometimes don't harden up as nice since you can't rest dry ice there. Good luck man :bigthumbu .

I just did mine christmas day. Leave the ice on a spot for 5 10 minutes then move the ice and give it a little wack once u have a spot out u can pull pretty good pices out bu hand .

thanks all i had a hard time with the tunnel in the sil80 but it came out ok just some parts in these crevasses that wouldn't come out and i was like WTF am i doing wrong lol ima try it in the vert this time. this is y i was asking because i want to take out the sound dedoning so i can sand all the surface rust off were the back seat was and paint it all black so that when i finally get money for my roll cage, i can just go and have someone install it right away instead of having to do this later :bigthumbu.......and thanks again

Back
Top Bottom