Driving with both feet

Do you drive with both feet in an automatic vehicle?

• Total voters

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member
2242735367_bde7367d97_z.jpg

This morning I was listening to my usual radio program and the topic of driving with both feet in an automatic vehicle came up. The consensus was unanimous amongst them all in feeling it was stupid to drive with both feet. It's their opinion and I have no problem with that, but the reasons they stated as to why it was stupid I had issues with. The typical "you're going to press the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal" remark was made as the primary reason and I don't feel that's necessarily true in all cases. I myself have been using both feet ever since I started driving and I've applied the proper pedal every time I needed to avoid an accident.

So my question to all is, do you drive with both feet in an automatic vehicle and if so, had you ever applied the wrong pedal when avoiding an accident? Or do you feel it's stupid to do so?

Vote and discuss.

i think its so awkward. i tried using my left foot to brake once in the evo and i hit my head on the steering wheel have no left foot control. so right for brake and gas guess its just habit from stick..

same ^ only it wasn't an evo .. i feel like it can help but i personlally drive with only right foot for brake and acc

i can do either or its a little sketchy at first but with enough practice it can be done. its good to no how to do it sometimes it can help.

my dad has been driving like that for as long as i can remember....i used to yell at him when i was younger. doesnt bother me now

it bothers me when your left foot gets lazy and presses the brake pedel when you are not meaning too.

so when im following you on the road and you brake, i cant tell, because your brake is always on.

it bothers me when your left foot gets lazy and presses the brake pedel when you are not meaning too.

so when im following you on the road and you brake, i cant tell, because your brake is always on.

^this

i see middle age ladies in ford focus' doing this all the time and its annoying as fuck

I do it every once in a while, just to keep my left foot sharp for drifting purposes.

I use the left foot for the clutch, the right foot for the throttle and for the brake I use my dick.

but yea, I use one foot most of the time but I do tend to switch to 2 feet every now and then

too used to pressing my loose clutch pedal all the way down..
i would for sure avoid crashing into someone but would probably get the person behind me to crash

not auto but regardless in street driving i use right for brake and gas, left for clutch/holding me in seat.. as for when drifting or road racing i occasionally left foot brake to balance out the car.

I learned how to do it just for the heck of it. now when ever i go in long trips and i dont have the luxury of cruise control, i just relax my right foot and use the left for gas/brakes. might sound dumb but its really helpful lol:driving:

I rarely use 2 feet at once in an auto unless im REALLY tired on a long trip and my right leg feels like itll fall off if I move it haha.

I switch vehicles between stick and auto too often to feel safe doing it. I got confused once when I was 16 moving the auto out front of the house and tried to put the clutch in, = slamming the brakes, and almost EATING the wheel hahaha.

I use 2 ft when I'm driving the MANVAN...just because we're usually driving long distances and the pedals are so far from each other! lol

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/women_more_likely_to_mistake_g.html

ill try to find the study where i first read this. it was a pdf file.

in the report it stated that women are more likely by over 2/3rds. like 70%ish.
also stated the ages of women start from 18-60
while the men who gas'd instead of braking started at 38-60.

of all the people in the study both men and women, 80% or close to 90% drove with two feet.

heres a study that says 65% and its young and old people mostly.
http://consumerist.com/2012/04/study-women-twice-as-likely-to-hit-gas-pedal-by-mistake.html

i follow the pdf stats personally because it just seemed more legit being the actual study and not an overview of a study

also, a side not to the study was people who drive with both feet commonly slam on both at the same time in a shocked state. meaning omg theres a car gonna hit us ::slams both peddles down::

Dis is the same.as cime to a light stoping putn ur auto in neutral, the green light and u manual shift ur auto tranny!

Fanboissssssss

when i first started driving i was using both feet for auto but my parents flipped out when they noticed and shortly after i got my 95 f150 4spd with overdrive so ive been manual ever since

Back
Top Bottom