drive shaft shaking!!

Mr.rmschiko

Driver
hey guys i need some help ! i have a 93 240sx and as the title states my drive shaft is shaking violently when i reach 14mph . could this be caused by me using an automatic center bearing bracket(my car is 5spd btw) ? or is the bearing it self crap already and needs to be changed ?

hmmm last time that happened to a buddy of mine. They had put wheel weights n was throwing out the balanced n was like shaking everywhere..

Lmfao I'm just kidding , someone will be with you shortly <3
lmaoo alright cool

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

hmmm last time that happened to a buddy of mine. They had put wheel weights n was throwing out the balanced n was like shaking everywhere..

so do you think i need to get it balanced , if so where can i handle that ?

Check the carrier bearing in the center. If thats fine remove the shaft and check u joints by flexing them, they must move all around freely.

If you have the $$ just switch it up to a one piece aluminum shaft $350.
had a speed dependent knocking under the car when mine went bad.
P.s. change the rear trans seal while your at it.

ADid this start happening all of a sudden, gradually got worse, or did you get work done?

no i just finished building my car and when i went to drive it today for the first time it starting going crazyy so idk whats up =/

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Check the carrier bearing in the center. If thats fine remove the shaft and check u joints by flexing them, they must move all around freely.
i'll have to check it tomorrow and get back to you on this so i'll keep you guys posted !

i didnt read any posts but anyway this happened to me once and it was the little bushings that were going bad on the driveshaft. theyre like black little bushing things but not all s13 driveshafts ive seen have them....

i didnt read any posts but anyway this happened to me once and it was the little bushings that were going bad on the driveshaft. theyre like black little bushing things but not all s13 driveshafts ive seen have them....

well mines has it so idk if i should just get another drive shaft or just get a new bushing , any suggestions on what i should do ? ?

Its probably the center bearing on the driveshaft, probably broken up or gone... get under there and inspect, takes 5 minutes.

Maybe its not bolted all the way up on the bracket. My bolts fell out once n it sounded like it was gonna fall of n all kinds of crazy noises. Make sure the threads aren't striped or anything.

Maybe its not bolted all the way up on the bracket. My bolts fell out once n it sounded like it was gonna fall of n all kinds of crazy noises. Make sure the threads aren't striped or anything.

they are and i also just remembered when my friend gave me the drive shaft he told me the center bushing was done and needed to be replaced , it was just sitting there for months that i forgot so i need a new bushing for sure ! lol my dumb mistake

Back
Top Bottom