Drift411's Pro-Am Series Involvement

proam-header.jpg

In an effort to further promote the rapidly growing sport of drifting, the United States Drift Association (USDA) was created to provide an effective and highly recognizable Pro-Am drifting series to the United States. The USDA consists of some of the top grassroots drifting organizations throughout North America, thus allowing it the ability to concentrate in these key markets regionally, while still maintaining a nationwide presence needed to operate as a true national amateur series.

The main goal of the USDA and our Pro-Am Drifting Championship is to provide drivers with a series to compete in without experiencing major financial burdens, thus allowing drivers the ability to be nationally ranked. At the same time, it also provides drivers with the option to maintain involvement in the grassroots atmosphere they first encoun tered and/or prepare them for a professional approach to the sport.

The Pro-Am Series Championship Event is the biggest amateur drifting competition to take place in North America. This years 2007 event, held in Laughlin, NV in conjunction with the American Rally Sport Group (rallyusa.com), will attract upwards of 8,000 people in attendance over the course of the three day weekend.

Covering the Southeast area of the country is Drift411, a company known for extraordinary events and news/media coverage of the drift community. Drift411's "D4 Amateur Series" will be series of events throughout the Southeast that will be working off a points system much similar to that of US Drift. A certain amount of points are assigned to a finishing rank, (i.e.: First 100 points, Second 90 points, Third 81 points, etc..). At the end of the series, the top eight competitors from all series events for the region, including the D4 Amatuer Circuit, will be invited to the Pro-Am Nationals in Laughlin, Nevada, to compete against the top finishers from each region in the country. Further more, you will also be able to compete against the 2007 Formula Drift zero point holders for a License to run in the 2008 Formula Drift Series. If you don't make the cut for a Formula D License in the Pro-Am Competition you still have a chance to get a Formula Drift Provisional. And at the very minimum, enable you to be ranked on a national level.

www.drift411.com
www.proamdrift.com

==================

More specifically to you SFL guys. We will be having a "one-off" event in south florida towards the end of the year. B/C you guys are obviously too far to participate in our series, we want to give you all a chance to go to the ProAm Nationals. So at this "one-off" event, the drivers that place 1st, 2nd (and possibly 3rd) will receive an automatic invitation to the National Event in Laughlin, NV (November) without participating the entire series.

For those who do decide to run our series and don't make the top 2/3 at the "one-off" event, drivers who place 3-19 will also receive points for the series.

Rhoad Racing said:
More specifically to you SFL guys. We will be having a "one-off" event in south florida towards the end of the year. B/C you guys are obviously too far to participate in our series, we want to give you all a chance to go to the ProAm Nationals. So at this "one-off" event, the drivers that place 1st, 2nd (and possibly 3rd) will receive an automatic invitation to the National Event in Laughlin, NV (November) without participating the entire series.

oooohhhhh awesome.... my car should be done....wow, *excited* yay... :D

Sounds good. I will be there for sure. Any word on where you might be having the event at or is still in the works?

POLE-POSITION said:
holy shit this is an awesome thing. roll cages people get them now.

haha thats my thoughts exactly josh, the porsche if finally sold so hopefully i'll get a cage soon. i'm going to be practicing my ass off this year to be in this, i dont think i'll get top 3 i highly doubt it. but just to experience an event like that would be so awesome. plus the motivation. i'm psyched for this i seriously am. josh man i'm going to be going out to naples alot to practice, get ready to keep an open space on your gravel shop for my car hahahaha. so awesome.

Thats awesome, well I guess I need to step up the practice time and start making money quicker :bigthumbu . I really want to see Florida rise up in drifting.

POLE-POSITION said:
holy shit this is an awesome thing. roll cages people get them now.
Absolutely! Most of our upper region drivers don't have cages (and probably won't obtain them in time), which leaves more spots open for you fellas.

kleen555 said:
Sounds good. I will be there for sure. Any word on where you might be having the event at or is still in the works?
The location (a road course) has been confirmed. We are just negotiating the date. The tentative date as of now is Aug. 4th

See this is precisely why we are doing this for you guys. I love my upper region drivers, but you guys are just hard core... plain and simple. I love it!

BTW... as some of you may or may not know, for those of you who are invited to the nationals, the ProAm series will be reimbursing you for some of your travel coast to the national event. Its not much, but alloted $.16 per mile to each driver last year. We are planning increasing that number for this year's event.

Last edited:
The location (a road course) has been confirmed.
That is the best news I have heard all day!!! Thank you so much for doing this, FL is stepping up big time with all these events :bigthumbu

This is awesome news, i always wondered why there was no love for FL

Thanks for putting foward the effort and getting and event down here!!! :bigthumbu

i'm hardcore because i gutted and drift an fd! haha j/k. but yea man which road course is it? thats awesome. only thing i'm worried about is walls, ugh, its a pain to find decent body panels for an fd, thats why i wanted my porsche running so i could smash that into a wall at 70 and get out and laugh and smile for the cameras haha. its fun not having a car you care about. but i gotta be careful with mine, engines arent cheap and its a retarded car because... its a rotary.. ya

Back
Top Bottom