Drift seesions @ Hernando County Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
$5000 for wreckless driving?
Yeah if you pay a good lawyer to get you off it is. It can cost more. Wreckless driving may as well be a dui. Trust me, the judge wanted to give me 6 months and suspend my lic for one year to teach me a lesson. Apparently I got the strickest judge you can get for traffic violations. After spending one night in jail for some stupid shit (wreckless ticket) it makes you realize what 6 months of that hell actually means. Of course my record was not squeky clean prior to that event so it was not helping my case...

Now I do not have the option of street drifting. I have a job that provides a work vehicle and requires that I have a valid drivers lic. If I lose that now I loose my job, work car, house, etc... $50 for one day of worry free drifting is a bargin if you ask me.

i know.. i wished i had gotten a miata :p lol .. but well once im done building the S14.5 ill jump into the miata.. if i ever get to find out if i fit lol :) they are just such an amazing and cool cars to me... i still dont get why i always here bashing about being like girly cars :confused: the only girly car i ever think exist is the new bettle... danm what other cars brings a danm FLOWER lol

talking about tickets getting a criminal drag racing ticket isnt cheaper... i paid a lot for it.. and it was a really bad day.. i got "caught" (according to the seargent )even that i wasnt doing nothing.. then pushed like four times against the danm hood of 2 police cars .. and bla...bla..bla... something i wouldnt like to remember.. :cool:

Last edited:
I say if it wasnt for the street alot of people wouldnt be good but thats because of the lack of events back in the day. Nowadays theres many events. Money is a major issue but again you dont know peoples situations, so what might be hard for you can be 200 times harder for the next person. P.s. open diff = no fun

I have add im sorry, but I must admit that driving a miata is a lot of fun but sliding is not nearly as easy as it is in an s chasis. Im not saying that 240s are the best thing ever, but compared to sliding miatas it is a lot easier. P.S. guy with stock car- you should really slide these events you will improve much faster than on the street and really the only mod i would recommend is a welded diff. Thats only because you said your broke and thats free plus open diff= bad snap back. It can be kinda controlled though but i think that learning to slide in an open diff wont necessarily make you better.

Back on track can you guys P.M. me iff you are interested in an event at the hernando county airport. I will hook something up if I have a large enough interest. We would have probably about 6-8 hours it will probably cost something like 30 bucks. lmk

I have add im sorry, but I must admit that driving a miata is a lot of fun but sliding is not nearly as easy as it is in an s chasis. Im not saying that 240s are the best thing ever, but compared to sliding miatas it is a lot easier. P.S. guy with stock car- you should really slide these events you will improve much faster than on the street and really the only mod i would recommend is a welded diff. Thats only because you said your broke and thats free plus open diff= bad snap back. It can be kinda controlled though but i think that learning to slide in an open diff wont necessarily make you better.

Back on track can you guys P.M. me iff you are interested in an event at the hernando county airport. I will hook something up if I have a large enough interest. We would have probably about 6-8 hours it will probably cost something like 30 bucks. lmk
around 30 bucks for 6-8 hours sounds good for me.. around what date would be this done ?

the streets is the only way lol. airports and shit are kool but not everyone is as lucky as SAS to have access to that shit and i doubt they will be kool if he starts bringing hoards of ppl. use google earth and find a nice spot then check weather forcast for some rain lol. tires aint cheap u kno

^^^this guy:D

I wouldnt do it seriously I go there too at times to shoot photos and used to auto-x there too when I had my mustang. The airport is being really stricht on who can go there now, and the amount of ppl that can go. They dont want anyone in the one field cause it belongs to a farmer and they dont want anyone fucking it up. I wouldnt give them excuse to kick all the clubs out.

well i guess i need to polish up i have a lil skill but its still kinda hard to hit with my car. i say its hard cuz i dont wanna exit the corner and wait for the rear to kick out but actually drifting. well if things go well ill hit up the next countyline(not the one coming up) anyone wanna let me borrow their helmet.

helmets are too expensive picked mine up for 70 bucks and its snell rated

some people spend more on their shoes than that

well i guess i need to polish up i have a lil skill but its still kinda hard to hit with my car. i say its hard cuz i dont wanna exit the corner and wait for the rear to kick out but actually drifting. well if things go well ill hit up the next countyline(not the one coming up) anyone wanna let me borrow their helmet.

wat

I wouldnt do it seriously I go there too at times to shoot photos and used to auto-x there too when I had my mustang.

ok?

Last edited:
If you have an open diff I wouldn't waste the money to goto Countyline or to any events. I'd instead, go find some dirt roads and you can REALLY learn to slide while you wait to weld or buy a locking diff. In my opinion you will learn ALOT faster by practicing on dirt roads in a open diff than on pavement. After that, sure, go to events.

If you have an open diff I wouldn't waste the money to goto Countyline or to any events. I'd instead, go find some dirt roads and you can REALLY learn to slide while you wait to weld or buy a locking diff. In my opinion you will learn ALOT faster by practicing on dirt roads in a open diff than on pavement. After that, sure, go to events.

yea someone suggested the same thing to me as well. thing is the only dirtroads i have around here are ones with bodies of water on both sides...im all for extreme but no thanks lol

read the whole thread

never mind I need a mod to close this thread..... what do I need to do? Also, how do I remove my name from the site. After this thread I don't think I can handle SFLdrifters. G/L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom