Dont buy XBOX 360!

That's typical in the whole hype deal. Microsoft also seems like the company that it satisfies the consumer needs before perfecting something out. They just let it out in the open.... let people fight for it... and live with it's problems.

The reality of it is.... if I could, I'd buy a 360.... just to sell it for $1k the next second.

I've got to dissagree INMENSELY with the argument about not buying the xbox...Sure some of you just like me would rather go PC or Sony PS

But its a lot of BS about having to spend that much money when buying the X-360. First off you don't need no HDTV to get good graphics and you are not required to buy it, nonetheless there's a difference but not enough to incite a $1000+ TV.
Then there's all those numbers about "peripherials" and things to play online. dud, if you dont already have internet in your house, you dont deserve the right to complain becuase all it takes to play xbox live is a router and the not so expensive subscription PERIOD...and you are not required, yet is a nice addition

All the argument was about having to spend so much money and the sucky "core" package and how there's people that can't afford the premium. why not buy the previous xbox for half the price? i see it as having a low budget and buying a working saturn rather than a bwm without doors, a messed up engine and missing two wheels and tramission

Lets talk a bit about the core not playing old games...yeah it sucks and damn microsoft 100x times for being so spanish...oh, and if you want to upgrade and get the hard drive, microsoft charges like $150 for it....just give it time and someone will come up with a 200gb hardrive solution much cheaper too

I didnt really try, but i'm not sure if the premium plays all previous xbox games...we only tried halo 2 :D...if it does cool, if not, well i'd STILL buy the 360! too bad it'll be sold out forever!...and that i'm waitinf for the ps3!!

Sort of a PS guy myself, but I got 2 admit the 360 looks bad a** . In the meantime I'll be playing my PS2 and awaiting the PS3.

Just like with cars, I think its stupid to not like something just because you aren't used to it or it's a little "different". The cost of video games have been naturally inflating past each generation, I mean remember when PS2 was like $250? It's the same situation, especially for such an immersive industry. Like with cars, and most other money-making industries, you try to nail a wide range of targets with your product, what with the HDTV compatibility, the HD, and the two packages and what not, and though it is expensive now, I suppose the next next generation of gaming systems will be even more expensive.

And about the videogame bashing, I truly think it's just as silly as bashing anything else, nevermind cars --- don't hate something you don't understand or haven't tried. Many people hate the Xbox controller because its not what they're used to. If not, whatever, they have converters to let you use PS2 controllers if its that big of an issue. You just have to be open-mided, that's all.

Each system has its peaks and downfalls, and yes, quality is an issue, and everyone is naturally allowed to their preference --- My PS2 crashed perhaps twice when I owned it. My Xbox, yes a few times more, but of course, I understand its more than just because the comapnies have different methods of industry.

I do like the PC market, I do find it rather steady and flexible, and FPS games are at home; but each platform has its apparent perks, as I've said.

I just think everybody should use rationality when it comes to videogames or anything else for that matter -- meaning, don't hate it if you don't like it, you can't judge something without proper arbitration. I think every videogame system has crashed at least once before, and I thought everyone would already know that there's an obscene amount of hype before or during the inception of a new videogame system or product -- its basically a vulnerable time to sucker punch a company while consumers are skeptical and still learning.

My bad for the essay, but I grew up with videogames and was about to make a career out of them, so I really wanted to get my thoughts on this thread.

Last edited:
maxe said:
20 to 30 polys? Are you sure?

I did a game design course a while back and 20 to 30 polygons doesnt seem nearly enough to cover the detail I see in GT4.

yes they are good modelers...keep in mind thats wasnt with the interior either....but yea every system lunch is bound to have problems....

but if u guys want to talk controllers why dont u bring up nintendos controllers...they are going out there on it....

31765801_5e44946b93_o.jpg

lol....kidding...

but go here http://www.nintendo.com/revolution and look under control and u will see what they are doing....instead of 2 hands u can use one....

:)

most of that is bull**** buy an xbox 360 its the best thing out and it will have alot more games coming out, u stay with ur gamecube and play some little kid games

by the way u know that for every xbox sold microsoft loses $156

MasterRex said:
I am a PC Gamer. I hate the xbox, and any version of that console ever to be produced. I love sony for their innovation; Nintendo likewise. PC Gaming is where its at though... You simply cant enjoy FPS's on a damn controller. Mouse and Keyboard FTW.

noob.jpg

Well, I'm probably the only one here thats considering the Revolution. Why a nintendo console?

"Because youre a fricken nerd who talks too much sh*t for their own good!"
"Because you and Nintendo are bed buddies!"
"Because.... you like waving around a tv remote?"

You might be thinking that ^ and well, hell, you'd be right :/ but I'm also buying it for a different reason, I'm poor as f*ck (nintendo already released it will be the cheapest out of the two systems.)and I want to download nintendo's complete library of games dating aaaal the way back to NES.... Mario Kart anyone?

"And popular new games, like "50 Cent: Bulletproof" ... won't play on the 360 at all."

that makes me want to get the 360 even more ... I heard bill gates said 50's movie "was wack" and he likes jah rule so that's why he's not accepting the game on by console

hey rex you got battlefield2 w/ the special forces addon??? let me know so I can cause some major ownage!

i want it ahhhh. even though I only use the vibrating controler... for...
opps.... what? uh...

yea we all know kateri you told us that one night at dunkin remember! you little freak you! hahaha

Back
Top Bottom