Do you want to help?

DUDOCIUS

Driver
Guys, I am thinking of a fundraiser to help Nigerian Children who are victims of witch hunts and neglect. In some of the poorest parts of Nigeria, where evangelical religious fervor is combined with a belief in sorcery and black magic, many thousands of children are being blamed for catastrophes, death and famine: and branded witches. Denounced as Satan made flesh by powerful pastors and prophetesses, these children are abandoned, tortured, starved and murdered: all in the name of Jesus Christ. Now, these accusations are moving on to the elder and the weak. I believe as human beings we have the ability influence others, this is our chance to help. We are not looking to change their culture, we are just giving these children a time extension and a chance to start all over again. Doing this will not only make us better humans, it will also bring a marvelous sense of accomplishment. If you would like to help, you can send me a PM or an email to dudocius240sx@yahoo.com. Here is some literature/media about the subject:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-01-30-congo-children_N.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/dec/09/tracymcveigh.theobserver

A documentary:
Channel 4 - Dispatches - Saving Africa's Witch Children (2008)

Here is a video of some of the crimes:
(Note this video contains very disturbing images)
http://forums.joerogan.net/showthread.php?t=83219&highlight=burning+africans

Last edited:
How about we just send one of these over and do the rest of the world a favor???

mk17-bomb4.jpg

uhhgg sorry that was the german in me coming out.

How about we just send one of these over and do the rest of the world a favor???

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/images/mk17-bomb4.jpg

uhhgg sorry that was the german in me coming out.
Some of the people in these 3rd world countries, survive on less than a dollar a day. The least we can do is help, instead of being so conserned about new shoes, new video games, and going out partying. We can just donate less than a dollar and make a difference. The way I see it, if we get together and come up with $50.00, we are feeding 50 kids for at least one day. One day man, one day that they will not starve.

Some of the people in these 3rd world countries, survive on less than a dollar a day. The least we can do is help, instead of being so conserned about new shoes, new video games, and going out partying. We can just donate less than a dollar and make a difference. The way I see it, if we get together and come up with $50.00, we are feeding 50 kids for at least one day. One day man, one day that they will not starve.

I feel yea brother. I wish we could do more for them, but unfortunately you can't help people who don't want to help themselves.

, but unfortunately you can't help people who don't want to help themselves.

Well said..

I feel for them but at the end of the day most of these people have been living this way for thousands of years and it is the up most arrogance of the united states to tell them how to live there lives, especially when they choose to live this way. Grandted as dudocious posted there are victims in every society, but before i spend a single dollar helping people in another country, id rather spend that money to fix our school system/infrastructure etc etc etc

This thread is going to die in a week. With no one doing anything.

are we sendingYOU the money cuz ill help but not to get scammed.............sounds like a scam.................. i already donated a dollar at burger king today

I believe in the circle of life and its affects on every living species on this planet. Unfortunately the little blue planet is over populated and atrocity's like this is a must in able for the higher link in the chain to stay alive. And wasn't stuff like this the whole point of changing to Christianity many many years ago?

if you are really concern well try checking out groups like FLAGS in FIU they do this all the time..just google it.

So give me their options man, give me a list of all the options those people have to better themselves, make it a big one. I was born on a 3rd world country, both my great grandmother and grandfather were politically persecuted. This made life very difficult for my family, yet as a Cuban I had options. I had a TV in my home, I had an education and I had a drive. You know why I had a drive? Due to I was able to see how things were in other countries, I was able to watch American movies, and I was able to dream. These kids have none of those things, they don’t even have dreams. I didn't have family in the USA like many Cubans, we did not get any help. It was hard not being able to eat for a day at a time, it was hard not having a soap to wash yourself, hard not having shoes to wear. Countless days I went to sleep with nothing but a cup of sugar and water in my stomach, but I had dreams. Those kids have nothing, is not their choice to be born to those conditions, its not their choice to be able to attend school, instead they are in the streets at the age of 5 working to help their families. I guess is my fault posting this here, I should have known better than asking for .25 cents from some of you was a little too much. Just remember that some of that oil used to power those cool drift cars, comes from a place where they are killing children. I know this thread will get no where, I know some of you are more concerned with posting funny pics than helping another human being.

According to UNICEF, 26,500-30,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.

It's not a scam, I bust my ass working man, i have no need to con someone for some money. Yes I know about FLAGS, but you do not need to be part of any organizations to make a diference.

i never belived you are a scam to be honest i think you are being brave and stand up in what you belive should be done, because it only takes one person to make the difference, so props to you man and like a told you , here is the link you can propose to them deal with africa , for the moment they are dealing with south america/ colombia and central america principalmente check them up. they are not a big corp that will take a bite of the funds they are small and truthful to their ideals. good luck man!
FLAGS FIU

After taking some international economics courses and one in particular about developing or undeveloped nations, i have mixed feelings about donating money to any charitable organization. Its not that I don't feel for the kids - i regularly donate to an acid-attack victims fund b/c those stories really break my heart, but these charities go about things the wrong way. No nation has ever made it into the industrialized age (1st step to development - real change) through charities. That said, I tend to have a bleeding heart so PM me some info on were to donate and I'll toss some cash their direction.

http://crarn.tripod.com/

http://www.steppingstonesnigeria.org/

YouTube - Nigeria's "Witch Children"

Tony, I agree with you 100%. Many of these so called charity/institutions pocket more than their fair share of donations. The whole Witch children of africa problem is being investigated by the UN. Its such a barbaric cruelty, that many people in developed nations just did not believe such crimes were being committed. I myself did not believe such cruel things were happening. I read about it before, but just like many things in this world I thought it was a hoax. Not until i saw a video of a little girl whose head was nailed to a tree, and a group of so called witches (children) being burned alive. Seeing that video completely changed my spectrum about the matter.

if you are really concern well try checking out groups like FLAGS in FIU they do this all the time..just google it.

Word. We've done stuff from raising money to equip a rural hospital in Bolivia, to aiding refugee camps after the South Ossetia/ Russia War and the recent Israel/Palestine war. We are not -unfortunately- a big NGO. Just a group of students running a non profit organization on campus to do something about a different cause every month. Yes its small. But in my book doing something small is a lot better than doing nothing at all.

And someone talked about economics, industrialized countries, charity, etc etc etc. Its missing the point completely. We don't aim to change an entire country with only a couple hundred dollars, we are not stupid. Its about the individual people that are helped. I've been helped in the past, and I will tell you what a big difference the little things make. You don't need to give someone a new house and a new job and a new car to change their lives or make a positive impact.

And yes, the easiest thing to do is cross your arms and say "shit aint gonna change" so you can go back to your tv, or realize that helping is easier than what you think and doing something about it.

http://www.fiu.edu/~flags/home.html

Yes I know about FLAGS, but you do not need to be part of any organizations to make a diference.

Dudocius man I agree with you completely. But the more people the more you can do and the easier it is to do it. Big props for taking this up on yourself and posting it up in this forum. Personally I never would have thought things like this would be of much interest in a car forum. From your post I can tell you are a man who cares about real issues and not just about cars and toys etc. They are fun, but its not everything in life.

We are very open about the causes we do each month because it gives us flexibility. We were going to help out victims of a recent flooding in Colombia, but I could talk to the e board and see if we can do something with this if you are interested. If you wanted you could help out with the fundraisers or bake sales, and you dont have to be a member, and you would raise more $ for these children than waiting for donations from members of the forum.
Just and idea, let me know

Last edited:
Word. We've done stuff from raising money to equip a rural hospital in Bolivia, to aiding refugee camps after the South Ossetia/ Russia War and the recent Israel/Palestine war. We are not -unfortunately- a big NGO. Just a group of students running a non profit organization on campus to do something about a different cause every month. Yes its small. But in my book doing something small is a lot better than doing nothing at all.

And someone talked about economics, industrialized countries, charity, etc etc etc. Its missing the point completely. We don't aim to change an entire country with only a couple hundred dollars, we are not stupid. Its about the individual people that are helped. I've been helped in the past, and I will tell you what a big difference the little things make. You don't need to give someone a new house and a new job and a new car to change their lives or make a positive impact.

And yes, the easiest thing to do is cross your arms and say "shit aint gonna change" so you can go back to your tv, or realize that helping is easier than what you think and doing something about it.

Dudocius man I agree with you completely. But the more people the more you can do and the easier it is to do it. Big props for taking this up on yourself and posting it up in this forum. Personally I never would have thought things like this would be of much interest in a car forum. From your post I can tell you are a man who cares about real issues and not just about cars and toys etc. They are fun, but its not everything in life.

We are very open about the causes we do each month because it gives us flexibility. We were going to help out victims of a recent flooding in Colombia, but I could talk to the e board and see if we can do something with this if you are interested. If you wanted you could help out with the fundraisers or bake sales, and you dont have to be a member, and you would raise more $ for these children than waiting for donations from members of the forum.

Thanks man. more than likely i will be attending FIU next term, seeing as STU has gotten way too expensive for me.

yep .. nothing like Maria's Bake sales :D lol

Back
Top Bottom