DIY: Build a 9000RPM SR20DET HEAD!!

kwkouki said:
whats the point? they dont shift that high anyway, its been proven

There is not anything special about this installation of aftermarket cams and springs. Just it will allow you to increase your rev limit, which will create a broader power band. Depending on the synchronizers and the type of fluid sr\ka transmissions have been shifted at 9k and a little more. If your transmission dose not allow you to shift at that rpm, lower your rev limit in your engine management system, try different fluid or search for a different transmission to try if you like.

:laugh: Rob I was gonna be nice and not mention that name. But yea, hes eaten something like 8 trannys already

kwkouki said:
:laugh: Rob I was gonna be nice and not mention that name. But yea, hes eaten something like 8 trannys already

He was blowing transmissions long before he went 9k. I really don't see a correlation but either way, I don't think the block or oil pump are suitable for 9k. Its just disaster waiting to happen. Also, if you don't have a turbo that can make power up high (like 90% of sr guys), revving to 9k becomes even more pointless.

Strap your car on the dyno and tell me where your power band ends Mike. I could use a good laugh.

^^ LoL... Seems like you guys are takin a shot @ me just for postin a DIY article for the guys maybe lookin to build suttin like this... YOu dont like it EAT SHIT... Dont post ;) Love you ZAK

PS Post ur Salary... I could use a good laugh as well...

BiG MiKE said:
^^ LoL... Seems like you guys are takin a shot @ me just for postin a DIY article for the guys maybe lookin to build suttin like this... YOu dont like it EAT SHIT... Dont post ;) Love you ZAK

PS Post ur Salary... I could use a good laugh as well...

Which job? Tv Production? $35-$65 an hour. Or as a mechcanic? Or should I combine the two?

Would be nice to have it and just set your RPM limiter lower so you could bounce off it while drifting. but like most everyone said with out a big enough turbo you wont make more power and it would be point less to rev that high.

I'm not saying don't build your head - I'm all for it. I built mine! But if you rev out to 9k, your transmission should be the last of your worries.

just an idea........ having a wider operational range allows more wheel speed per gear, which also gives you more flexability in those "I should try to shift to third" areas. Just rev it out a little more, its an option.

Back
Top Bottom